Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is anyone watching this closing ceremony?

It was, without any shadow of a doubt, the best Eurovision Song Contest ever.

Olympics? Closing ceremony? Best of British?

No, it was definitely Eurovision, probably a re-run of the 1993 classic, won by Lichenbazackstan or someone.

Or maybe it was originally entitled 'Things about Britain that used to be great, or at least commercially succesful...', and they found an Olympics that no-one could think how to end.

Other than that, Olympics has been awesome, actually bought a mountain bike to get fit (ironically, a Land Rover, and yes, its currently broken....maybe the show should have had a broken down Disco being towed by a recovery vehicle, thats a truly British icon :lol: )

I blame all the whingeing foreigners for everything, us Brits need to stick together......

Salaam Aleikum

Pete Keane (named after a Jewish Disciple and sporting the surname of O'Cahon, unless I'm mistaken.)

Majority not Brits? Come on Paul, that's pretty disingenuous. If there were 100 people so far who expressed an opinion and majority were non UK national, I could agree, but given that there were a handful of responses I don't support your observation. 3 out of 5 would constitute a majority - statistically but the sample size says nothing. Interestingly I'd suggest that in all likelihood, the majority of the people who were THERE weren't British. Including nearly all of the athletes who we KNOW weren't British. This is all about opinion and so far the majority of opinion (same small sample) say that they thought it was rubbish. I don't see how nationality is relevant when deciding if something is good or not. But it's all personal opinion. I'm not trying to tell you that you are wrong, just that no one really seems to agree with you. You don't have to be born in thise country to know what is iconic, and that is down to the fact that we export ourselves so well. There are so many things (like them or not) that are iconic and I saw precious few of them in that show. Whether iconic generally or iconic musically, I just didn't see it. Kaiser Chiefs - iconic? What more than say Tom Jones? Spice Girls - actually, yep I'd say so and they were fine. but the positives just didn't come close to outweighing the negatives for me. Especially Ray Davies and that woman with the odd blond hair. Jeez she was shocking in the extreme.

Nah, not convinced. And oddly, neither are a great many other people on other forums I am on. In fact I'd go so far as to say - the majority!

Anyhoo, non of this actually matters.

Chris

Chris said:
.... Anyhoo, non of this actually matters.
I'll agree with that bit :D

beerchug.gif

ignat said:
I think I was the only person who didn't enjoy the opening ceremony! Glad to see I'm not alone for the closing either!

The rest of the Olympics was superb! And GB did spectacularly well, 29 Gold to China's 38? Awesome! A real achievement
I don't think that UK did spectacularly well, they did well, but that's expected, but I feel China were the "Under achievers"
I really had expected China to maintain a 2-3 gold medal lead against USA, but not to be.

Gra.

Back