Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Is this LED standard or retrofitted?

Richard Jackaman

Hi

My mate has a 2001 100 series which has a mystery LED just in front of the the auto selector, see red circled part of the following photo.

2014-04-21174606copy.jpg

Does anybody know if this is a standard fitment or something that has been added by the previous owner. As far as he can tell it has never illuminated in the last 11 months of ownership. He did think it might be to do with the towing electrics but doesn't seem to light when connected.

Any information or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers

Could it be a blinking alarm indicator?

Unless it's a leftover from a now redundant alarm.

That's the standard fit alarm indicator. Could well have been disconnected from the underside and made redundant though.

That's the standard fit alarm indicator. Could well have been disconnected from the underside and made redundant though.

Interesting, I'll check with my mate as to where he thinks the current alarm indicator is. Might be that one of the previous owners has fitted another alarm or moved the indicator.

He thought that the wiring looked like part of the original loom rather than an add-on.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi also have that LED on my 2001 VX and never sure what it was.

It's the standard alarm light. The other light he thinks he has might be the immobiliser key indicator.

Thanks for all the input guys.

I take it that if it's the standard alarm indicator it should flash when armed like the one on my 80 does.

Goes solid for a couple of seconds when first arming the alarm and then steady slow flash thereafter until disarmed. Maybe the wire has just been disconnected like Doodle said?

Back