Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

James Baroud have a fancy new 270 awning

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Just seen the new JB offering. Self supporting with integrated legs. Fully sided including the entry point to keep the mozzies out. Plus it has a gap so that you can get up the ladder to the roof tent. I have my ladder other side but if you don't then this is a great answer if you've not decided which way to go yet.

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 16.58.24.jpg

Just seen the new JB offering. Self supporting with integrated legs. Fully sided including the entry point to keep the mozzies out. Plus it has a gap so that you can get up the ladder to the roof tent. I have my ladder other side but if you don't then this is a great answer if you've not decided which way to go yet.

View attachment 156521
That looks rather smart Chris. I like that.
I expect the whole setup doesn’t give much change out of, what £6 grand?

I saw that the other day on genesis imports, forgot to mention it. you tempted? I just remmeber you saying about sitting there with your stove and wheres all the smoke gonna end up...

I saw that the other day on genesis imports, forgot to mention it. you tempted? I just remmeber you saying about sitting there with your stove and wheres all the smoke gonna end up...
There’s compromises with every setup. Thinking about this, aside from the very good quality appearance of JB equipment, it moves away from the 5 minute setup and pack away of the hard shell tents to more of a half hour slog. If you could put a handle in the end of it and have it all fold away neatly into itself with just a zip to close I might be very interested but as it is, I’ve got something very close to that. As Chris says, if starting from scratch it would be a very nice way to go.

it takes very little time at all to set up my JB and Foxwing with the sides on. It has to be quick and easy or I'd never use it and as you know, I'll deploy it even for a lunch stop.

I have no interest in their wing at all. I have a FW. But if you were thinking about all the issues with the various brands and models then going all in the JB would be a one stop solution. I deliberately have my awning open the opposite way to most people and so I don't need to be able to climb through the awning roof, but it is a nice idea to be able to do that. No idea on the price. It has to be competitive though and their RTTs are cheaper than most.

It's a bit of an encampment which is not always what you want attached to your vehicle. Id' guess they do an awning without the roof hole. Might be worth a look, but I still don't think you can beat the FW tapered sides.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice, but a stupidly long wait.

Devon4x4 are quoting end of this year, maybe even delivery after (so 2020).

Shame there isnt another importer, as I really would like the entry tunnel - opening the baroud in the rain means mattress gets damp, and missus's arse descending the ladder can be a sight to behold, hoping tunnel will protect her modesty.......

Genesis Imports?

Theres a company called LVBoverland up in Doncaster also offering JB products, they have quite a lot of other kit as well.

A company in Germany, they had a video on their facebook page, we visited them on the way back from Croatia last year.

The guy at LVB (Larry) was really helpful - transpires that Devon4x4 are not the sole UK importer......

Devon4x4 import when they have a container load, whereas LVB willing to ship in a pallet load, so hoping to get some bits quicker.

Apparently TuffTrek and Nene also sell JB kit.

Back