Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Jet-Tent Bunker - Cot Tent

garygiles1963

Hi

After my recent trip, I like to see if I can improve my sleeping setup. I think I like a roof tent but I can really justify the cost also, I would have an issue storing it.

So, I think about trying something like this https://www.oztent.co.uk/acatalog/Jet-Tent-Bunker.html. A Cot Tent. I like that there off the ground and very fast to setup. Its ok using a tent and air mat, but after a couple of weeks I got a bit fed up, setting this up everyday.

I looking for any thoughts or experiences of using these type of setup.

Regards

Gary

Regardless of how you do it, getting up off the floor is the single best way to improve your sleeping arrangements. Looked at those myself, but just don't have the need. And of course it only takes one person so it's a dear do. Strikes me as it's a fine weather option. Not sure about using it in the pouring rain. Although, you could put it up under the foxwing.

You can get similar to the oz tent for half the price if you look at some of the other manuafacturers. And double versions as well

For 1 or 2 people an oztent rv2 with a cot is quite good, and still only a 10 min setup and teardown.

You can get the zip to stick on the side so with a swingaway door, you can be fairly well protected without needing to invest in the sides and extensions etc.

Another option is the regular one side awning with a room inder it. I suspect since its entirely closed it will stay down in worse weather than the foxwing will. Lot less space though.

For quick set up why not look at fishing bivvy tents and beds.
The tents are good for rain (if setting up under a foxwing not a big issue) and the bed chairs are comfortable.
I recently gave my camp bed to my daughter after she had a bad cold night on an air bed, I bought a bed chair and it rivals the bed at home!!

Built in pillow, adjustable legs, well insulated and can turn into a nice comfy chair.

20170528_112627.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello, I use a self erecting " Quacha Seconds" (I think it's called) from Decathlon, less than £100 including inner tent, we have two " Oztent" camp beds, really comfy and really good quality topped with a self filling mattresses , less than 20 min erect time, standing is no problem, very robust in wind and rain, works for me and the Duchess and we are pensioners ( we need the comfort and easiness)
The packing away is easy if you follow the instructions ( we didn't) and it's all lightweight. We have used this setup for overnighters and longer stays, and we are still happy after about 5 years! Hope this helps

hi

Thanks guys for your vairring suggestions.

I quiet like to look for the Bivvy tent and the bed chair. There is a huge selection out there. Very quick to put up.

Thanks.

G.

Also remember you cannot always rely on the foxwing for shelter if it's really windy, it would get trashed

Andy thanks, Thats why im interested in the Bivvy tents. Should be able to pitch what ever the weather.

G.

Saw these guys at the Overland show a couple of years ago - their tiny tent seemed pretty effective for an off-the-ground-bivvy-type-thing...

The HH is only 2000, might leak if you got cough in a heavy storm and not being able to use the Foxwing.

Just a thought.

G.

Back