Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Land Cruiser chassis

pilaaja

Hey. MY problem is next. I have -89 HZJ95 and it wiggl suddenly and never know when. I can drive many many kilometers just like train and sudden it start bit wiggl. All joint and chassis bush is ok.4-wheel adjustment is ok too. BUT previous owner was change wrong rear differential axle and i think he was change something else wrong. Is the possible that he was change wrong arms or toothet rack pinion?
Wery thanks all tips!

pilaaja said:
?... Is the possible that he was change wrong arms or toothet rack pinion?
I guess it could be possible.... it could also be possible that the moon is made of cheese but.... who knows :think:

Hey Paul, whaddy mean IF?

Try removing one of the propeller shafts and then lock the centre differential. This will give drive to only one set of wheels. See if the problem goes away. Then take off the other propeller shaft. Whilst the shaft is off, try turning the end of the shaft coming out of the differential and the centre box, by hand to see if there is excessive wiggle in it.

Grommit

what is a 1989 HZJ95?
the HZ engine came out in 1990
as far as i know there never was a 95 series in 89.

so ... enlighten me.

the description sounds like the famous Land Cruiser death wobble, do a search on Mud.
IF that is what is happening (*violent shaking from side to side in the front end) then post it up and i will walk you through the solution.

Back