Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Landcruiser Colorado with Off-Road/Expedition Preparation

Thats the truck that started me on the slippery slope , all i wanted was some beefier tyres and while searching i chanced upon Gordie Paul who had managed to wedge 285/75's under the arches just for a look while he was waiting for his suspension lift to arrive . It must be a great looking truck coz just seeing a pic of it has cost me a bloody fortune :lol:
Here you are Shayne, just for you. The photo I took just as I left Cirencester at 12:30 today on my way home in a rush to pick the kids up from school at 3:15, Sat-Nav said I'd be there at 2:54!!!!

IMG_7049_zps63622c5f.jpg

Good luck with it and i hope you find a good home for Fiery i imagine it will be hard to let her go.
It will be hard m8 :icon-sad: As I said I had no intension of moving her on for a couple of years, the boys are already starting to get a bit glassy eyed :icon-cry:

Nice one Steven. :thumbup:
Cheers m8 :icon-biggrin: It's all a bit emotional to be honest :icon-smile:

So the big question................................

Will you be fitting a snorkel given how much you love the one on Fiery? :think:
Noop! Absolutely no chance, no way :eusa-naughty: and I can't wait to not have a snorkel. I'm sure that it's one of the major factors towards why I like the look of it so much :icon-biggrin:

Always follow the heart mate......
Not always the best way to buy, but only time will tell :romance-inlove:

I'm sure you will love the auto as well. Very nice when off roading.
Ah, now this is my leap of faith as I've never driven off road with an Auto, but alot of people speak very highly of it so it can't be tooo bad. Down hill engine braking is my only real big concern :icon-smile:

Ah, now this is my leap of faith as I've never driven off road with an Auto, but alot of people speak very highly of it so it can't be tooo bad. Down hill engine braking is my only real big concern :icon-smile:

Lock it in first with the selector, or second with a combination of 2 on the selector and 2nd start button. Works fine in the 100 - I've only driven manual Collies.

That's a lovely colour too...at first I thought it was black.

Last edited:
Looks very smart, it seems like a move forward to me.
Hope you are happy with it.

Andy

Nice one Steven :thumbup: The more space that the long wheel base provides makes sense for your family, and will hopefully increase the Land Cruisers usefulness. Looks like a great truck and we all like a new toy, so enjoy. It'll be sad to see Fiery go, especially for the boys, maybe it'll find a new owner within the club.

I hope you gel with the auto box, I think that they're well suited to larger vehicles like Land Cruisers.

Nice one Ste :icon-cool: Looks great in that green & prepped like that :icon-cool:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
sae70 said:
Noop! Absolutely no chance, no way :eusa-naughty: and I can't wait to not have a snorkel. I'm sure that it's one of the major factors towards why I like the look of it so much :icon-biggrin:

:lol:

its the best colour too :)

bet the D4D feels much more powerful than the 1KZTE ?

I really didn't have a great deal of time there to be honest! I was meant to be there at 09:00, but got there at 10:40 in the rain! I had to be away by 12:00 to be safe picking the kids up from school at 3:15, but actually left at 12:30!!!! And my one day insurance to test drive it didn't start till 11:30. So the test drive was brisk, but not in the heavy right foot way :lol:

On paper though the manual 1KZTE has 123bhp and does 0 to 60 in 14sec and the Auto D4d has 161bhp and does 0 to 60 in 12.5sec :icon-biggrin:

Before you start spending on mods Ste give the exhaust some thought , i swear on the grin factor chart my zorst is leaps and bounds ahead everything else i've done to my truck .

Me and Robert are just arriving at Liverpool street station (London) on way to Kemble to pick up the truck. Both very excited :) :)

Ahh....an adventure. Have fun with the new truck! :dance::dance::dance:

Now on train out of Paddington heading toward Swansea, should be at Kemble for 14:56 where the current owner is meeting us :)

So it's now 16.56 . . . . and?

Chris would never have left it this long with updating us.........

Maybe we need a facetime facility on here, so we can get real-time updates, and be able to make helpful and informative comments :icon-cool:

Sorry guys, got home at 6:45 and have been outside tinkering since :shifty: :icon-smile: The drive home was unaventfull really except it seem very easy to find yourself doing over 80 :icon-smile: At low speeds 25/35mph there's more transmission noise than I'd like to be hearing, certainly more than Fiery has that's a bit of a concern to me, but only time will tell on that one. I'm going to spend all of tomorrow licking it all over, she need a bloody good clean as she's not been done since she made an appearance at Lincomb the time before last. Then I can give her a proper good checking through at. My own pace and I can't wait :icon-biggrin:

Draw off a bit of atf, make sure its not contaminated with coolant, then a flush out and new fluid, reckon that'll quieten it down.

Was Fiery a manual? My auto isnt the quietest, but the MT's tend to drown out the transmission.

Glad all went smoothly.

Pete

I think that the trans noise is more up front wheel bearing, drive shaft, front axle maybe :think: could even be the wider tyres I guess, but it is very noisy at lower speeds!!! She's also a bit tappy till she warms up, but has a full Yota service history up to 133000 miles, so I would have thought that the tappets would have come into one of those services as would have the Cam-Belt :think: she's now got 155000 miles on her :icon-smile: The ATF fluid is a very good translucent colour and does not smell of burnt toast and she also has an external ATF oil cooler fitted by West Coast. They also fitted the ARB front locker, so fingers crossed there's no issues there either. And both front wheel bearing have been done in the last year, so again fingers crossed no issues there either :think: :icon-smile:

Some Photos :icon-biggrin:

IMG_7080_zps8830b2f9.jpg

IMG_7081_zps137c1e59.jpg

IMG_7082_zpsfad53398.jpg

How much longer is a 95 compared to a 90 then?

About this much :lol:

IMG_7083_zpsef9e4694.jpg

IMG_7084_zps8daa645e.jpg

IMG_7085_zps4bc2759d.jpg

IMG_7086_zpsb336ada5.jpg

IMG_7087_zpsd5eaa3c5.jpg

IMG_7088_zpsa771c716.jpg

IMG_7089_zpsd753fdb4.jpg

Gave her a good clean and pressure wash, it took all day as she'd not been done since her visit to Lincomb!!! I filled two and a half buckets with Lincomb sand and probably washed another half bucket down the drain!!! I also removed all of the GB and GX stickers and logos, WD40 really is very good at getting rid of sticky residue :icon-razz:

IMG_7090_zps4be93a68.jpg

IMG_7091_zps95c7169b.jpg

IMG_7092_zpsd4c30ac6.jpg

IMG_7093_zps9d7edb27.jpg

IMG_7094_zpsd4c1dbe7.jpg

IMG_7095_zpsd0ae87fe.jpg

IMG_7096_zps59fa0e74.jpg

Been plaguing me all day it has, 255's or 285's? Black rims or Silver rims? :think: :? :crazy:

Last edited:
Scubs up nice don't she. :icon-smile:

Every one to their own but I'd have the silver alloys every time. I can't see the point of steel after market steels. I haven't seen any pics yet of broken Toyota alloys which couldn't handle abuse.
Great looking Collie though. I hope it's everything you want from it.

Andy

Back