Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Laning tour of UK

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Heading south tomorrow for a week of laning & camping tour of UK

weekend in Lakes, then Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, and a few more days in mid-north Wales :D :D
and maybe a few more lanes in Dales on the way back north :cool:

going to be cold though :shock:

pics to be posted as and when possible :)

If you have a GPS dont forget to log the route sounds like something worth doing.

Travel safe

going to be logging on a SPOT messenger for whole trip (10-30min log points), and on laning days i will have the GPS tracking on the Android galaxy tab for more detailed logs. Going to be laning pretty much at some point on every day though. :dance:

was considering coming to lincomb, but its a long way back home from their to aberdeenshire on the sunday.

Care to share the spot link so we can watch progress as i am keen to see how the thing works?? Understand if you would rather not.

Done 2 days laning in lakes now -and tough lanes they have been.
No grumpy farmer around at the tricky gateway lane.
And lane was quite tricky, took a few attempts and trying different lines. Bad news is rear locker didn't disengage after it, light went off. But back on road I realized it was still on. 45 mins and some spannering I removed end cap and pulled on the accuator rod whislt wife turned locker on-off and got it disengaed. But tried it again and it woudlnt unlock without help. So had to do lots tough lanes without rear locker... Not sure what's worng the unit is only 2yrs old... Spring must be sticking.... Inside accuator

Been a good weekend though, but wouldn't do it solo again

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hope it all holds together Andy.

If you can organise your itinerary to call into Lincomb it would be great...

Enjoy the rest of your trip

Thanks Gav

would have struggled on these lanes on other 29.5" general grabbers. Got the 32" BFF allterrains on

Amazed mutley got through all the narrow gates and bridges.

Wont make lindcomb unfortunately. Thought about it. But no time as in mancheste friday night and inverness sat night.

Dales tomo for more lanes :dance:

Andy, you still dropping round for the alternator onTuesday?

Chris

AndyCook said:
Thanks Gav

would have struggled on these lanes on other 29.5" general grabbers. Got the 32" BFF allterrains on
I guess then the BFG AT were the better option on the day then ?

Gra.

yes Chris - tomorrow after 3pm?

father inlaw taken to doncaster hospital today, so not sure if i will be laning now tomo.
but will be over to yourplace later on.

easier day on yorkshire dales lanes. but failed to get up a rockystep section without assistance from my winch and landanchor. i drove it no probs last september when i used rear locker, but didnt want to use rear locker today since i wouldnt unlock without 45mins assistance of spanners...
a couple walkers came by and one was a landy owner and offroader and used to run a offroad centre. so he helped out spotting and controling the land anchor and got up OK

yes graham - tyres much better, much stiffer than the general grabbers. the extra height helps for clearance, and they are also wider. treadwise and grip are same as grabbers though

will get pics up later now i have access to a computer :thumbup:

There must be something in the air with hospitals... I won't be going to Lincomb now either Andy...

Hope your father-in-law is okay man.

hope things OK for you Gav

EDIT - ouch gav just seen your lincomb post! looks nasty, axe or chainsaw?

hope it heals fast! best of luck! :thumbup:

some pics, no captions yet,

note first ones of Breasthigh Rd reapirs in progress - looks like it will be super smooth...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1045349638 ... 8695706850

the ground was carefully restored after landanchor use

Hey, great pics Andy - I recognise a few of those spots :cool:

Thanks for the get well wishes :cool:

Where are you up to on your trek now?

Hi in Rhyader now
and glad of foxwing due to rain
did the rock garden lane on ridge that starts here this afternoon. Very easy after the lakes and derbyshire lanes.
Not sure about strata tomo after this rain

peaks pics
https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer#a ... 3085215777

Sent from Samsung tablet

Stopped by milners yesterday to buy new rear diff lock accuator as mine failed to unlock in lakes, so spent an hour doing iy manually. Didnt fit the new part and went derbyshire laning. Monsal head. And others the hollinsclough. A very hard lane fir me. Had to use the rear locker and guess whay it disengaged ok at end of climb.

some video links of a few of the many films taken
a few arguments between driver and gateopener
lakes

http://youtu.be/phWKRbPkZU8

dales - winching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfz4Ytr ... e=youtu.be

this one done - peaks
http://youtu.be/cGFND1JgCqU

this one another
peaks

http://youtu.be/qljeRNXALHU

great pics Andy. :clap:

im very envious of your trip, looks like your having a really good time. :thumbup:

Looks like a really nice trip Andy. Would love to do the same, just wish my Mrs was into camping.

AndyCook said:
Not sure about strata tomo after this rain
The water level rises and falls in a few hours so unless it's been raining a lot for a few hours before you get there and is still raining you should be ok. Quite often the level is much lower than you'd expect. Have you driven it before?

Interesting it drops quickly john, a spate river then
yes drove strat last May

river wye in rhyader by campsite gone up a couple feet overnight. So will give the ford here a miss.
Will try the dam lane,and hope that ford ok.
Then black yat. Doctors pool etc before strata later on.

AndyCook said:
Interesting it drops quickly john, a spate river then
yes and as you've driven it before at least you have something to compare to when you get there, the ford by the dam is usually the same.

Back