Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC 80 Brakedown cover UK.

Jmacd

Country Flag
uk
Could anyone give a recommendation on brake down cover for an 80 series in the UK
My lot wont cover me now as they tell me the car is to old at 20 years?
Most don't seam to cover past 15 years old.

Mainly used as a road car. May pull a trailer now and again.

Thanks

Try the company you insure your vehicle with, mine provide policy lifetime cover for EU countries for about £36.00, break down response/recovery to place of repair or home.

Not sure of the cost but the AA cover you, the member, doesn't matter what or whose car you're in.

I don't think ADAC even ask age or mileage and if iirc the are about half the price of AA cover but send the AA to deal with breakdowns in the UK :crazy:

I joined about 9 or 10 years ago after i spent 4 hours trying to drive the golf home in the rain. (rusty solenoid ) Called them out the following monday as the clutch cable decided to snap and not used my membership since. They were however in charge of the european cover i got with eurotunnel for £13.50 or something stupid. Got flights from and back to switzerland trains paid for and towed to the nearest BMW garage so no complaints from me. When i rang them to say i had a different car the lady said it didn't matter, you're covered not your car. So although it hurts every september when the renewal comes out i don't really mind.

I have M+S insurance. Not sure of the exact policy but they cover me for EU breakdown as well as UK. 21 year old 80.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't find anything in my RAC cover that mentions vehicle age limits. Just recently renewed it again for another year and they beat all other quotes.

Back