Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LC series 100 2003 vex 4.2td

paulblake427

Yellow engine light coming on occasionally. Most time engine loses power other times engine power increases. Mr T looked and only showing turbo related issues. All rubber pipes look good. Turbo actuator working (no leaks and moving freely). On engine starts actuator pulls in. I guess probably a faulty sensor ? Likely one ? Only had car 2 months its done 100k. Please give advice if you have detailed knowledge, many thanks.

It would help to know what the codes where that where turbo related as that might help you with your problem.

I don't want to speculate BUT the turbo has been known to give some hassle on the odd occasion on the turbo diesel. I have read of a few people that have had to have them replaced at some cost. They are variable vein in build and are a pain to refurb. Its the veins that can stick due to carbon buildup thus giving you over boost or underboost and triggering the engine management light.

Fingers crossed its something far less expensive.

Please see below as latest situation, would apprecaite your input

Hi All. Please help. have got 2004 LC 4.2TD. Great car but enging light comes on occaisionally. Changed all filters (no water in fuel fliter), had turbo inspected and cleaned (had a slight build up of grung) and actuator/vanes free and working well. Car runs very well but sometimes the engine holds back then comes alive then engine light comes on and goes all sluggish (however only once went to get you home mode) until switch off wait 1 minute switch on all OK. Dealer Fault codes are 34/2 & /3, showing turbo/EGR valve/Mass Air Flo/ECU.

From a hospital bed in the far flung reaches of Berkshire (it sounds better than Slough) I will see what I can do seen as I have my mind back and plenty of time to kill.

The air mass flow can be cleaned but VERY CAREFULLY as if you break it then it will cost you. I can't see the air mass flow ecu throwing a code if the air mass flow is not at fault unless it takes other things into consideration at the same time.

The MAF is off the air box, clean it and then give it a go and see if that helps. If not then look to the EGR valve which can also be cleaned from memory.

Back