Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

LED headlamp bulbs

Also worth mentioning that if you tow/load the back of the trucks the front will want to angle a bit upwards. So I've set my aim a tad below initially to accommodate for a little load on the back. For those who have electric adjustments to adjust the beam dip on the fly, you don't have to worry.

I put in LED bulbs in mine (FZJ with UK headlights via Karl) and not impressed with them. Ones that were recommended (approx 100)
Don't give right pattern and were not easy to fit
Have you got them fitted correctly and which make ones did you go for? Some two part ones can be oriented incorrectly. The Phillips ones cannot unless totally misfitted.

I found it easier to remove the lamps and fit the LEDs with rubber boots on the bench.

Have you got them fitted correctly and which make ones did you go for? Some two part ones can be oriented incorrectly. The Phillips ones cannot unless totally misfitted.
have to find the (black fancy) box/supplier. was one others recommended

Hi, Is Woodypeck still in business? Paid for new bulbs few days back and not heard a thing from them. Checked their FB page and lots of unhappy customers. Anyone know?

I can only say that it would seem to be a second business as Steve is often away so I guess he has someone holding the fort dispatching orders. Steve himself is usually excellent with the service but if he’s away I can see that could possibly be a bit tricky.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Anyone replaced there main beam with LEDs?
One of mine has blown and I've been looking at the Philips h1 led.

Yea, replaced them with the fanless kind and had no problems.

Any use?
Turn night into day?
Burn out the retinas of oncoming drivers?
Etc etc..

I've now fitted LEDs to my 80, bike and Hilux. All show a massive improvement over any uprated incandescent lamp I've ever fitted. Two downsides. 1. on the bike, Triumph can't do one particular ECU test because the LEDs upset the tricky canbus thing, but have confirmed the bike is happy. 2. they don't produce any heat so if you get condensation in the lens, it doesn't dry. I have just fitted LEDs to the spots on the Hilux too and they're significantly better. I have to say also that whilst it's not a fashion parade here, they do look so much more modern.

Absolutely no beam pattern issues either.

I now have LED’s in all the head lamps with good beam pattern and more light than the filament halogen bulbs provided. I’ve left the HID’s in the Hella driving lamps as the beam is perfect and the light power way better than any LED’s I’ve seen.

I've only been flashed once by an oncoming driver since putting the Philips H4 leds in the 81. I did check the beam pattern before and after fitting them and the cut off was spot on. As others have already said, big improvement.

I've had the woodypeck h4s in for a couple of three years now.
As the main beam are acceptable, I was wondering if the improvement is significant with h1 leds.

Have only just upgraded to led h4's on the 80 and might have to upgrade the rest!!! Got a good beam pattern and haven't been flashed yet in last few day.
Beemer has led and got used to seeing where I'm driving.
Had not for road use halogens fitted and were still poor.
20191221_110924.jpg

No problems with mine only downside is they don’t heat up so if your headlights got condensation on they don’t dry them out, massive improvement light wise.

ok.
trigger pulled.
filed under Christmas present..

Have only just upgraded to led h4's on the 80 and might have to upgrade the rest!!! Got a good beam pattern and haven't been flashed yet in last few day.
Beemer has led and got used to seeing where I'm driving.
Had not for road use halogens fitted and were still poor.
View attachment 162141
I used to use them too.
not much better, blue tinge and didn't last all that long.

Did you go for the all-singing all-dancing Philips ones?

I've been thinking about "upgrading" - I've had a pair fitted in the Collie for the last 5-6 years and whilst they work fine on dipped beam, there's not much difference (at all) on high beam. Plus they have fan units, which means that fitting the rubber sleeves on the rear of the lights are problematic and they interfere with radio reception.

Did you go for the all-singing all-dancing Philips ones?

I've been thinking about "upgrading" - I've had a pair fitted in the Collie for the last 5-6 years and whilst they work fine on dipped beam, there's not much difference (at all) on high beam. Plus they have fan units, which means that fitting the rubber sleeves on the rear of the lights are problematic and they interfere with radio reception.
yes, ive gone for the Philips.
my h4s are Chinese, while there an improvement they could be better. ill eventually replace them with the Philips too.

Back