lenovo ThinkPad?

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
It has just occurred to my that no one seems to be recommending the original tough laptop to be used as a carputer, the IBM ThnikPad. Its now been rebranded as the Lenovo ThinkPad but it is just as durable, including water resistant, shock proof etc. (some claim that you can even drive a car over it). These laptops are are put some serious testing before they go onto the market. The ISS is full of them, and as far as i know its the only laptop they use in space. The thing is you can get a relatively basic model a X100e for a little more than a netbook £440 but it is far more powerful. For the same price you are looking at a rather old, used and slow toughbook. Has everyone forgotten about the legendary ThinkPad?

EDIT: its attually £417 on dabs

[youtube:h7zkk3ts]-CrpUU3cCPE[/youtube:h7zkk3ts]

Crispin

Administrator
Staff member
Guru
I am in great_britain
Feb 24, 2010
springs, gauteng
I think ToughBook sounds cooler :)

I would love to have one of those in a meeting and pretend to throw my toys as well as the laptop across the room like that. Repeatedly.

Nuclear Chicken

Apr 9, 2010
Norn Iron
Funny this should come up as a topic. I have a ThinkPad R40 since 2003 and it's still going strong. Never, and I mean never, has put a 'foot' wrong. All it needs right now is a new battery. Still using the original. It is what I am using right now to type this. :cool:

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Ok now this is just getting silly, you can get one for £354 and this include vat and delivery! you would be mad to get a notebook with and Intel Atom now! If you spec it to 2gb ram, 320gb hard disk and bluetooth then its £399 (ok its still single core but miles better than an atom). I think that's an amazing price for a durable laptop. seems lenovo have a sale on so worth checking out their site

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks