Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Light Bar for Collie

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi all I am after a roof light bar for my collie, but there is a snag. I am looking for one like the Disco ones. that come below the top of the windscreen. I am not far off touching the top of my garagenow and whant I get round to putting my body lift on there is about 5mm clearance. so need something like this
DSCF1607.jpg

cant you se where you are going already ? your truck as more lights than Blackpool seafront as it is :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 of the Xlights have gone. wann put some square one up top :lol: :lol: :lol:

What about getting a sun visor and beefing it up with fibre glass or flat bar and fixing your lights to that? Would Milners or Roughtrax have something suitable?

I had a front sunvisor on my collie for a while. It was quite strong and had mounting points for things like lights ect. I got it from a 4x4 website...somewhere.

I will try find the link, they cost about 155 quid new.

Heres what it looked like, but is too expensive I think. http://www.formula4x4.co.uk/shop/toyota ... -formula4/

Ebay item no 360160582221 might be suitable

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi

I used my Sun Shade as a light bar.
There is a tube under the plastic that runs through from each side mounting bracket.
All I did was put in longer S/S bolts and mount the low level lights on the top.

The lights are no higher than my snorkel.

No vibration or road noise and very good for lighting up the way. When in the mud and cr*p the headlights and spotlight do get covered but not the top lights.
Being mounted on the top avoids most light spillage on to the bonnet.

The height is not increased to much but you could mount the lights on the underside of the Shade, but you may have some light spillage onto the bonnet

IMG_3261.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3299.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

Mal

Chris,

Let me know if you find one, I want something similar.

Pete

Back