Lincomb 2011 Spring Get together

TonyS Jan 17, 2011

1. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Since when is panel damage a reliability issue?

Thank you for everyone involved in putting on a great weekend, food was great, challenges were fun and I know some of us complained about the rain but it did make Sunday very eventful.

2. Trevor

Trevor Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    I echo the huge thanks to one and all who made this event possible. I had a superb time, so much so I really didn't get chance to take many Cruiser related photos but will post the few I have.

I didn't manage to meet everyone so apologies for that, next time. This was my first Lincomb outing and am still grinning from ear to ear, the help,support and general encouragement from everyone really made this a special weekend for me and gave me the confidence to tackle the woods etc. This new found confidence saw me total my 1 remaining sidestep but a small sacrifice to see what the 120 can do.

Can we do it again next weekend :lol:

PS, what were the final results and standings? I had to go before they came out.

3. Gav Peter

Gav Peter Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    I'm off for a bath now... Great weekend all told. Just getting the doghouse comfy after bringing Muxley home in such a state :-(

Usual thanks & praise to Tony & Team for hosting us & putting on the event - just filling out the form for September :-D

4. Chris Mann

Chris Mann Member I am in great_britain

Map
    Trevor, did the muntjacs from salisbury plain follow you to lincolm????? ;) :lol:

5. Lorin

Lorin Well-Known Member

Map
    Superb weekend - The punch and challenges were brilliant and the rain just made it more......... :shock: :? :o :roll: :oops:

Huge thanks to all the organisors :clap: :clap:

Looking forward to the next one

6. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Home, tired and content.

The current Mrs Chris thought you were a lovely bunch (err...) and is still gobsmacked at getting best time in the blind driving. Follow MY instructions? Maybe I should blindfold her more often.

Now leave it, Gav!!

Chris

7. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member Guru I am in australia

Map
  8. Andrew Prince

Andrew Prince Well-Known Member

Map
    Funny that, Gav - my Mrs had zero sympathy with my (much-lesser) damage too. When you find a green 80 to break to replace all your body panels, keep the valance (?) thingermewotsit for me ;)

9. whereisgibson

whereisgibson Member

Map
    Top weekend folks. Great to catch up and put new faces to familiar names. Bloody number 8 eh. Who found it first then?

BTW I think the CB's now operating on UK freq and not French - a youtube vid explained how to change the settings http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWi0NzqWLR4. There goes that excuse for a european roadtrip then! :)

10. Gav Peter

Gav Peter Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    They just don't understand do they AP... :confusion-shrug:

11. Jon Wildsmith

Jon Wildsmith Super Moderator Supporter Guru I am in england

Garage:
    Map
    They just assume you'll have damaged it after you do it a few times :mrgreen:

12. SpinDrift

SpinDrift Well-Known Member Supporter

Garage:
    Map
    A big thank you to Tony and everyone else involved in the organisation. We had a great time. Looking forward to the next.

13. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Thanks to everyone who organised the weekend. Enjoyed it once i got there and untill i had to leave.

If anyone knows of any 36inch tractor tyres let me know ;)

14. Matt Wright

Matt Wright Well-Known Member I am in south_africa

Garage:
    Map
    More echoes of big thanks to TT&I :) as always we had a great time. Great effort on making the course so interesting with hiding the punches more sneakily and the new tracks were awesome..

Hoping to be driving an ? series next time, it's torture watching :( Big congrats to Ben! Hopefully my co-piloting balanced out the weight in the front lol ;)
    See y'all in October..

15. Justin_Elliott

Justin_Elliott Well-Known Member Supporter I am in great_britain

Garage:
    Map
    x2

Thanks again to the organisers - it was an excellent first for me & nice to finally meet all you fine people....

see you at the next one. :dance:

16. BIG clean GREEN

BIG clean GREEN Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    What a fantastic weekend :clap: Had a great time, nice to meet so many of you, Thanks to Tony and the team :clap: and look forward to going again :thumbup:

Heres my first picture post of Chris's trauma on the hill which skirted the black route :sick:

Missing the tree by a few feet !

P080511_1045_01.jpg

And here, struggling to stand up on the red stuff !

P080511_1045.jpg

Winch at the ready !

P080511_1047.jpg

You ready Scott ?

P080511_1049.jpg

Hang on "WTF" is this ?

P080511_1100.jpg

Oh it's only Andrew schumacher

P080511_1101_01.jpg

Who came as a passenger down this and from about 30 yard the top side of it (at some momentum) I think the bright light at the top of the hill was heaven (or maybe hell)

P080511_1100_01.jpg

I thought it was the return of Bin Laden :lol:

17. Crispin

Crispin Administrator Staff Member Supporter Guru I am in great_britain

Map
    Thanks to Ian, Tony, Mrs Tony ( :oops: ) and Tony for organising this! Was a cracker of a weekend and looking forward to the next one.
    Pics to follow on Ben's thread

18. BIG clean GREEN

BIG clean GREEN Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    And here's Gav, having his mud bath :lol: (sorry Gav but I siezed the moment)

P070511_1315-1.jpg

P070511_1315_01-1.jpg

Then winched out, rather precariously !

P070511_1318-1.jpg

Then Jim and others up to thier axles in goo !

P070511_1428.jpg

P070511_1427_02.jpg

P070511_1427_01.jpg

19. Chris

Chris Super Moderator Supporter I am in europe

Garage:
    Map
    Thanks for capturing that Nick. Can't believe how flat the camera makes the hill look. Must be 1 in 4 at least and on here it looks like it almost level! Anyone who's been KNOWS how steep that is.

Chris

20. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Guru Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    Hill. What hill :D

Andrew was very lucky to have the damage he has. Could have been bad. At least its only metal and not people hurt.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter