Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2011

i will be coming down friday afternoon/evening. sorry no pre Lincomb laning on the way this time Gav. cant finish work early, and im bringing my 70 down on a trailer. :thumbup:

just hope my diff is back from devon 4x4 in time. :pray:

otherwise might have to bring the 4-runner, which will inevitably involve attacking the body with a stihl saw to get the 35"s to fit! :twisted:

at least i wont have to worry about damaging the bodywork if any of those trees jump out in front/behind me again! :lol:

Looks like we have around 22 trucks confirmed as coming, plus Ian, Jon and TonyS. Is Toby coming along?

It would be nice to get a few more trucks along, so anyone wavering about coming - just do it! :mrgreen: The weather looks good and it promises to be a fun weekend! For anyone who hasn't been before and might be concerned that this is an event for extreme trucks or for the most vocal members only, please don't be discouraged! That is absolutely not the case!
All LCs are welcome, there will be a number of daily drivers in standard trim attending. Newbies are welcome and are encouraged to chat to the guys with a bit more experience if they want pointers on technique, modifying trucks or just shooting the breeze on off-roading and overlanding. It is a friendly bunch and a bit of banter is a certainty - anyone struggling will always be helped though, even if there are a few chuckles along the way. We've all been there and know the feeling :oops:

(I don't know whether Tony is closing off entries for the hog-roast yet? :? That is something you don't want to miss out on - just ask Chris!)

Come on, guys - this is a great weekend! Join in the fun if you're available this weekend!

Well, looks like i may be able to go, not promising and not sure on times but may just pop in for a while :)

Thanks Andrew, yes still time as i can change order for food up to weds evening, so a day to go.

It isnt an extreme event, and i will put the punches out in an '84 leaf sprung hilux, so any cruiser will be more than capable of following. Some will be tricky, as it is soo dry, so driver skill maybe needed more than an extreme machine, and some can be missed out if too challenging. No pressures, it a fun event.
More than anything it is a social weekend, with a top bunch of lads and ladies. :thumbup:

See you soon,

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For those of you who fancy a beer or two, Chris from Boab is kindly donating a firkin, (9gallons) of local beer, as he feels bad turning up in a landie!!!

We can hide that in a corner, and have the beer on display for all to enjoy. :thumbup:

Cheers,Chris. :clap:

I guess the late arrivals will miss out... :obscene-drinkingfaded:

Very generous of Chris - the LR comments will have to be toned down for the weekend :shifty:

Andrew Prince said:
I guess the late arrivals will miss out... :obscene-drinkingfaded:
Very generous of Chris - the LR comments will have to be toned down for the weekend :shifty:
He's coming in a Land Rover, :roll: then he'll probably be a late arrival anyway :lol:

I bet everyone coming to Lincomb will now stop for any broken down LRs they see on the way! :D

Andrew Prince said:
I bet everyone coming to Lincomb will now stop for any broken down LRs they see on the way! :D
We'll all pitch up with a 90 strapped to the back and an angry driver "I did not break down, I was resting!"

Andrew Prince said:
Well being the good hearted samaritans that we are we would of course wouldn't we ;)

So where's the link to the form to fill in - if I don't find it fast I'll change my mind - again :lol:

still deciding whether I want to pack the RTT or not - probably will. So - do I bring the hound or not then??

031a376d.jpg

5e705d37.jpg

May need to re-think the packing system though :lol:

looks like the hound has made the decision for you...

Back