Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb Autumn 2011

All signed up :thumbup:

Will be driving up from the Isle of Wight on sat morning if anyone has forgotten anything.

Money sent, form completed - no stopping me now :lol:

See you guys Friday! Hope to be there fairly early for once :oops:

Excellent Gary.

Nick and I have had a slight set back on our 'wheels up' projections and won't be leaving until after 16.00 hours now. Given the M42 on a Friday, we will miss Beer O'clock. We'll now be arriving at Beef Madras O'clock unfortunately.

Chris

There's now been a change of plans, I will be arriving Fri night as I will be paying Julian V a visit that morning and he's a lot closer to Lincomb than me so I will have one long drive instead of two :thumbup:

TonyS said:
For those of you who fancy a beer or two, Chris from Boab is kindly donating a firkin, (9gallons) of local beer, as he feels bad turning up in a landie!!!

We can hide that in a corner, and have the beer on display for all to enjoy. :thumbup:

Cheers,Chris. :clap:

as one landy is currently coming, might one more be allowed? :whistle:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
On one condition Ben, . . . he brings another firkin :lol:

that could well be arranged! :thumbup:

we have actually got 30 beer barrels, some of which have never been opened from a pub we got paid to clear out a few weeks ago.

weve got full barrels of fosters, guinness, and kronenbourg. happy to bring them, but not sure how to get the beer out safely. :lol:

any ideas? :?:

BTW trying to put a hole in the barrel with a drill is not a good idea. dont ask me how i know. :roll: :lol:

Ali barrels with plastic inserts? What is the date of beer on the barrels, I might be able to borrow a pump but would have to pay for a cylinder of gas

Trevor said:
would have to pay for a cylinder of gas

Pretty sure we can sort that out... :dance: :dance: :obscene-drinkingbuddies:

yes alloy barrels with plastic inserts.

as for dates i will have to check, but im pretty sure there a few months out.

should be ok to drink shouldn't it? im happy to go first! :twisted:

is the date on the barrel a manufacturing date or a use by date? :?:

free beer for every one at Lincomb would be nice! :thumbup:

I'll have to move pretty smartish in the morning ( not guaranteed as depends on my local ) but need to check on which beers we are talking about. Guinness uses a different system to Lager for example, if the beer is out of date then it's a non starter as it has a short shelf life.

Date will be use by usually. I would expect 5 to 7 days max from the fill date, weatherspoons buy in short date barrels with only a couple of days left on it which is why it's so cheap and variable quality

Fu Fu Fu Forget the lager. We can get a badger to pee in a cup if that's what you want to drink.

If the barrel has a label then it's about the beer. If the barrel is stamped then it about the date of the barrel.

Chris

I might be getting my cask confused with top pressure barrels, Ben if you were to tip the barrel on it's side, is there an insert on the end AND on the side? If so this needs a tap that you wang in the end but will have short life. If the barrel has a central fitting in the end only then it needs the right coupling and gas, the date will be on the barrel I think

central fitting only Trevor. :)

if its no good cos its out of date, back to plan B, which is to flatten them with a big machine and weigh them in. are local scrap yard wont buy them while there still cylinders apparently. ;)

Traditional barrels where you need to 'tap and vent' them have very short shelf life. Plus you need to let them settle otherwise you have all the sendiment in the beer and it tastes foul. Normal lager barrels where the coupling is in the middle should have months shelf life.

Back