Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb general chat thread

Well we should be hitting Milners for a start off. I still have to speak to Damar again on straps etc. He offered me a promotional code for members to get discount. Are you suggesting that we advertise the forum in a magazine? or the event?

Chris

Chris
I was thinking along the lines of inviting a photographer along, the event would perhaps be a vehicle to promote the club to improve public profile, thus enabling us to pursue better deals with suppliers and perhaps enabling advertising on the site to help with running costs.
I am only thinking aloud, I am mindful of one of the better aspects of this club (IMHO) is that it does not have too much of a commercial aspect. It however could be good to exercise a bit of buying power, giving 'members' some benefits. This might be a bit of a stretch as 'membership' is a bit of a loose phrase as we don't have much of structure (a good thing in my opinion)
J

Julian V said he had some contacts at the magazines. If someone can get hold of him...

Julian, I like your thinking. I have said that before really. We are not an owner's club, we're an owner's forum. No I am not getting back into that debate over the title or we'll end up going round in circles, so we'd have to think how we represented ourselves seeing as there is no central entity as such.

Usual caveats about what we show people doing. Don't want someone's insurer ringing them up!!

But I like the idea of making it more widely known. I'm sure Ian would give them a lift to the top of Rubie Hill :shock:

Chris

Please take this as MHO here but if Tony is laying all of this on & its costing him monay everytime he runs it, how long do we think this will carry on?

Come the end of the day, I will be happy to chip in a few quid to make Tony's money up just so that I might be able to attend one of these fine get togethers at some point in the future... I've missed one 'cos I can't tighten bolts up propoerly & I'm gutted not to be able to make it along to this one but I did promise to go mountain climbing for charity first... :roll:

Perhaps some contributions after the event to keep Tony in the black might not go amiss rather than trying to advertise for more & more folk to attend...

Ramble over - off Salsa'ing now... 1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... :oops:

Gav, as long as we all turn up as promised and pa the amount we agreed, then Tony will be fine. The costings are based on people actually coming when they say they will.
Extra donations not necessary. But people tidying up, helping etc all helps.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Sorry to drone on Chris but you've just hit my nail right on the head there...

Chris said:
as long as we all turn up as promised and pa the amount we agreed
But I digress - my offer to Tony is still there whether he wants it or not ;)

I hope YOU all have a great weekend while I can't make it... BOO HOO :cry:

:cool:

Gavlad said:
So you're going to be running up and down some hills while we play in our trucks and then sit round a nice big fire drinking beer and eating hog roast? :mrgreen: You must be mad :lol:

....married more like. Ha Ha.

Yes, just coming Dear. Damn.

Chris

Jon Wildsmith said:
Gavlad said:
So you're going to be running up and down some hills while we play in our trucks and then sit round a nice big fire drinking beer and eating hog roast? :mrgreen: You must be mad :lol:
Trust me Jon - there will be no 'running' on my behalf!!! Three long slow trudges will be more the order of the day ;)

And yes, I must be... :roll:

Counting the possibles, we're now over the 50 mark total with 32 odd cruisers. :cool:

Not sure if/when we need to start restricting the list - Tony, Chris, Julian, your thoughts?

I never knew if it was 50 cruisers or 50 people!

Hmm. Need Tony on that one. I think 50 people really. But as some will be heading off to go laning, there will nver be 50 people involved in off road testing at once. So I wouldn't worry too much about that.

But we might need a bigger pig. Oink.

Chris

landtoy said:
hi can we have a grid ref for the site at lincomb please.
rob
Here you go Rob N52 18.947 W2 15.655

The entrance is at SO 82275 68658 Rob, then follow the signs that are usually up to find the field we gather in.

Hi Guys,
50 people ish, or 50 cruisers. Insurance folk wont be here!! Might need a bigger camping field though, and pig. We can cope.
Away from internet now till friday night, anything else give me a buzz,
Number on web site,
www.crosscountrycourse.co.uk

Cheers,Tony.

TonyS
oooh goody! goody! (jumping up and down for joy - don't have an emoticom for this....)

thanks for the directions and grids, looking forward to this. is there any woodland
to camp in?
rob.

No. Sorry. Just a field.

Chris

Back