Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb May 3,4,5, 2013, weekend.

Oh I am coming for sure, just haven't sent my form in. Come on chaps, let's get the paperwork done. Pootle, beer, pootle, smoke, pootle, beer, pootle, smoke - that should get me about as far as Saturday evening I'd think!

Chris

Form and cheque in the post...

Just the Friday & Saturday (for now).

Better pull my finger out with the truck prep... I know it'll need some diesel...:shifty:

Form sent via e-pigeon and cash sent via electronic bank manager.

Well that's me sorted!

C

Form sent by email, money transferred, food ordered .....

Entry form emailed, payment transferred. Sorry for the delay.

Guys, if like, me you kept forgetting to confirm please do send Tony the info asap as its only fair on the organising team that they get as much prior warning as possible, as this helps them to best organise the event. The Lincomb meet is normally bursting at the seams and is a brilliant weekend. I'm sure this one will be no exception.

Bring on the sunshine!!!:icon-cool:

Tony has kindly asked my Explorer Scouts to run the catering again so if anyone has any comments/suggestions/ideas/improvements over what we did last time they would be greatly appreciated.

I will liaise with Tony about numbers etc and get some kind of list/check boxes on the sign up form so we can get an idea of numbers for meals instead of the confusion we had last year with the polls and threads.

As there is an extra day would everyone like a meal Sunday evening too? Also any suggestions for Friday & Sunday evening meals? Last time we did Chilli Friday evening, would you like that again (or on Sunday?) or something different?
David, the food was great last time and I would like to take you and the scouts up on your offer. I won't be there on Friday evening but would be interested in a Sunday evening meal. Do you need a food order? Or will Tony be able to supply the required information?

I'm hoping to do jet washing again (as long as its still ok with Tony) and the general consensus I got from most people who used the jet washing was we did not charge enough! Thank you for being so honest. Would anyone be offended or put off if we were to charge £10 per vehicle this time?
They did an excellent job last time and I would be happy to pay £10.

Finally as the money we raised last time went toward the Explorer Scouts trip to Nepal and Everest Base Camp (which we return from a few weeks before this event) would you like to see a presentation by the Explorers about the trip one evening (as long as Ian can fit us into the schedule)?

Please feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions, ideas or suggestions.

Thanks again to all those who supported us last year too.

Cheers
David
A presentation sounds great.

Looking forward to the meet. Any first timers don't be worried, we're a friendly bunch and the course has terrain suitable for all the different types of Land Cruiser.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Being the bank holiday weekend and going to Portugal on the 15th May, not sure if I can get a free pass for the weekend. Will have to do everything around the house and treat the Mrs like a queen, see if that works!!:icon-biggrin:

Tony, cash sent. Form to follow - the muckity-mucks here won't let me send attachments out, so it'll have to wait till tonight :lol:

Food ordered :lol:

I'll be there for the duration. Might bring the Mighty K again if that's OK - he can renew acquaintance with Blue - we'll see...

Food order now placed. (Just stumbled across the food link in post 1.):shifty:

FYI guys the "Lunch" option on the food request form is just as an indication to us if you are likely to want something from the all day menu (eg. a burger) at some point during the day. Sorry if that wasnt clear. :doh:

Posted my form and cheque on Monday :icon-biggrin:

Rich, check out the first post on this thread. We put up the names of those who have sent in their forms and coughed up the appropriate fees. It's looking a little quiet there. I know there are more coming than that, but some people still arrive and pay on the day. Nice to get unexpected guests, but it makes it hard to organise stuff. So if you are coming, send your form in and money. It's not hard. Download the from, fill it in and e-mail it back.

We have had around 50 Cruisers over a weekend before now.

Chris

Hi, Myself and my mate Matt are thinkin of coming down with 2no 70's, we came over in october for the saturday. Just been a bit busy - work- life stuff and time is moving on! So better get the forms filled! Hopefully we're 2 cruisers closer to 50!! :)

Excellent. Great to have some variety.

Chris

I agree Chris, its great having some Welsh lads there!! Variety and all that....

Andy

My co driver not coming now.

Chris

Well, I know. He didn't want to cancel. Life getting in the way I'm afraid.

C

Back