Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

Try Googling Rubicon Trail It is a very well known off road track in the US.

Are you shipping your truck to the USA to do this trail Ryan?

Nah! He's just gonna fit a very long snorkel.
lol-045.gif

Nah! He's just gonna fit a very long snorkel.
lol-045.gif

I'm partial to the odd water crossing but I think that would be a bit much for my petrol 80. Maybe if I had a diesel...

Marius, my wife and i are doing another road trip from LA to San Francisco but this time we are going via Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, which is where the Rubicon trail is. I'm going to go on a guided trip where you rent a vehicle over there to do it in. It will take 2 days if all goes well. I'll dig out a you tube clip and post it for you.

Now seeing as we are on the topic. Ian any plans to build a Rubycon trail at lincomb?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ian needs to build a rubie trail for mog to show what it can do!!

If all goes to plan I will be bringing the Mog to Lincomb. It is still not on the road but is getting closer. I still don't know what it will do compared to a modded 80 and will be genuinely interested to see. It has a lot more ground clearance and much lower gearing than an 80 but nowhere near the power.

Ian

Would be very interesting. It's a pity I won't be able to make this one as I'd absolutely love to see that. How does the tyre size compare to say 37 inch tyres?

The tyres it has are roughly 37's (10.5R20) but because of the portal axles it has about 16" clearance under the diffs.

Last edited:
If all goes to plan I will be bringing the Mog to Lincomb. It is still not on the road but is getting closer. I still don't know what it will do compared to a modded 80 and will be genuinely interested to see. It has a lot more ground clearance and much lower gearing than an 80 but nowhere near the power.

Ian

With your knowledge Ian, im sure you could install the 4.2 in an afternoon :whistle:

Are Dave and the scouts doing the catering again this time?? Or back to Tony and team doing it??

As far as I am aware, the scouts are providing the catering again.

Ian

Lincomb is only a month away :dance:

People who do not register in advance put unnecessary strain on the catering. Please, if you want to come, get your name down soon.

Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
Lincomb is only a month away :dance:

People who do not register in advance put unnecessary strain on the catering. Please, if you want to come, get your name down soon.

Cheers

Ian

Now that I've got the old bus back on the road :dance: please add my name to the list Ian.

Went to Lake Tahoe couple of months ago. Very serene indeed. Bloomin high up too, surrounded by snow in all that heat. Trailing is very popular up there and the area is absolutely massive. I'd love to be going. I think there is a trail called the Ice Road or something which attracts the really serious.

P1010172.JPGP1010176.JPGP1010170.JPG

Back