Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

Howzit Doily,

Spooky, Jo just waived a package at me and said " why didn't you send this to Gary?"

Send what I asked..... "these 2 bottles of Ina Paarmans you got for him"...

Been in a bag since Jan!

If you still want them let me know?

Yep you can send them along - they'll still be good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All paid up and form sent (well, Trev done it for me anyway)

Hope your up for a good weekend Ed.

:dance: Yep really looking forward to this, not been out properly in the truck yet this year, most of my time has been spent repairing Trevs :lol:

Looks like the 90's are going to be out in force this time round

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Deposit paid via bank transfer. see youse all there. :dance:

Same camp field, one thru the stable yard. Please drive slowly!

Looks like the 90's are going to be out in force this time round
ill be there with the boys, just not got round to paying yet :)

So that's six Collie shorties then by my reckoning :)

So that's six Collie shorties then by my reckoning :)

I am not sure what people are coming in, I don't get to see the forms until the event, but I think there will be 7 80s, not including the 2 that belong to those doing the marshaling. In the early events the 80s easily outnumbered the other models.

Last edited:
Helen and her entire family are in mourning already coz i booked for the show , all are convinced my truck will not survive for some reason :?

Shayne, it is entirely up to you how much you do or do not drive. There is a nice track round the farm that is non damaging and there are plenty of bits of the woods that are non damaging. The more extreme sections are clearly signed and have bypass routes.

Ian

Thanks Ian i understand that but its me they don't trust not the event , i'm sure i will will find some trying sections that can be negotiated without damage using a little common sense . Before i wrecked my leg dirtbikes were my thing and thrash it and crash it made me grin . I guess now a more mature approach is called for , but they all have their doubts .

Well, now's your opportunity to prove them wrong.

Unfortunately I was already booked up for this weekend, but if I'm free on Sunday I might try and pop in with the 100.

Even though it is a fun weekend, it is human nature for the competitive element to creep in. We try not to put any punches in places where vehicle damage will occur. Unlike some other events there is no need to smash up your vehicle to do well. A good Lincomb is one where everyone drives home with their vehicles the same shape as when they arrived but with about 10kg of Lincomb red liberally applied. There are always the greedy ones though who take more than their fair share of red . . .

Thanks Ian i understand that but its me they don't trust not the event , i'm sure i will will find some trying sections that can be negotiated without damage using a little common sense . Before i wrecked my leg dirtbikes were my thing and thrash it and crash it made me grin . I guess now a more mature approach is called for , but they all have their doubts .

At my first Lincomb (Oct 2012) I was on probation from SWMBO. Still managed to come home with a nice dent in the drivers front wing (Not my fault a tree mysteriously jumped out in front of me without warning). It really is more to do with how much you want to push yourself and your truck. Back in May I blew the clutch at Lincomb and had just a fantastic time chatting and chilling as I did the time before. (clutch was on its way out anyway) I personally find that Lincomb is an excellent (If not the best) place to learn about your trucks capabilities and weaknesses because there are so many like minded and knowledgeable people about. The key is knowing when to admit defeat and call "big" Chris for help.

Hello, hello, did someone call?

Hey I know that tree!! Mine was beautiful before I met some concealed bark monster in the woods. Twice. And the third time....I was past caring.

Shayne my boy, park it in the camping field, give your keys to the missus and open a beer. It's the only way to be sure.

Back