Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

I got fed up of searching the thread to many pages so i just googled lincomb 4x4 and recognized the form i used .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi Steve,

Glad you can make it, I will add your name to the list once Tony lets me know that your form has arrived.

Cheers

Ian

The Unimog has just passed its MOT so will be making it to Lincomb :dance: Great relief.

Ian

Hi Tony. Can you confirm you have my form and payment please.

Great news regarding the Mog Ian.

I was hoping to have an off road run before Lincomb so that I had an idea of what it will and will not do. Unfortunately time has got the better of me so its first off road trip, in my hands, will be at Lincomb. Fingers crossed it turns out to be half way decent.

Ian

I was hoping to have an off road run before Lincomb so that I had an idea of what it will and will not do. Unfortunately time has got the better of me so its first off road trip, in my hands, will be at Lincomb. Fingers crossed it turns out to be half way decent.

Ian

That's ok Ian. I might have the 150 back in case you get stuck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I am hoping that its lack of ATRAC and the fact I intend to avoid any flat, level grass areas should see me good :icon-biggrin:

ok, if it's back and you do inadvertently find yourself on a glassy plain, you still have my number. :whistle:

Ian
does this mean I need to give you some pointers ?
stu

Crispin said:
ok, if it's back and you do inadvertently find yourself on a glassy plain, you still have my number. :whistle:
Thanks, I'll keep you in the speed dial, just in case.

stumog said:
does this mean I need to give you some pointers ?
I was going to adopt the slow steady technique which will be quite a change for me. Since there is no power worth mentioning, I guess pick a line and let it plod through / over is the way to go?

Edit : I've got some 39" tractor tyres on the way, just in case it is a bit muddy :icon-evil:

Last edited:
Ian
you can just pick a line and let it walk over anything then if you feel it needs it the one on the right helps.

Driving to and from the MOT station, the first time I've driven it since collecting it from you, the "one on the right" seemed to do very little except change the volume on the noise maker :lol: Good job it is being towed to Lincomb, if driving there I think I should have left yesterday.

Edit : Now the box is off the back there is no weight over the rear end. I might strap a few spare wheels back there to give it a chance to flex. I have removed the rear inner helper springs to give it a slight chance. For those that don't know, a Unimog is designed to have chassis flex to help it articulate. I have removed about 1500kg from the back of mine and it does not flex like it should any more.

Last edited:
Back