Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

I would like to see this as mine is a bit flat on occasions
stu

Over the weekend, please would someone be able to help with some adjustments to my diesel pump? JV adjusted the pre-boost setting to cure the 'can't drive over a brick' problem, but now my sliders are covered in copious amounts of soot. Seems a tad 'rich' at the mo, and doing bugger-all mpg. I know nothing about diesel pumps, except that if I start twiddling I'm sure to make a complete hash of it.....

Right!! Have finally booked the boat, all being well (waiting for space confirmation) we should be arriving Saturday Noonish.

Even though it is a fun weekend, it is human nature for the competitive element to creep in. We try not to put any punches in places where vehicle damage will occur. Unlike some other events there is no need to smash up your vehicle to do well. A good Lincomb is one where everyone drives home with their vehicles the same shape as when they arrived but with about 10kg of Lincomb red liberally applied. There are always the greedy ones though who take more than their fair share of red . . .

LOL The 400Kgs I took away last year is sitting nicely under our new patio. Can't do much about the sizeable amount that ended up in a garage jetwash in Kidderminster though. Good news is that the wife want a new extension so I am going to have to go playing in the deep stuff again for the foundations :lol:

Im not going through that bomb hole at the bottom of the hill again! Ive been pulling solid lumps of it out of bits of the truck the jet wash couldnt reach every time I do any work on it!

Isn't there an outdoor tap on site i could bring my pressure washer if you like , might save the neighbors complaining about the muddy roads when we all leave .

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My toy still has all the mud on it that it has on when I put it on the trailer after the last event. Wasn't a good idea leaving it as it was.....:doh:

The Scouts do a sterling job at Lincomb as you can see......
IMG_2249.jpg

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2252.jpg

..........but you still need to give them a good tickle with the pressure washer when you get home.

IMG_2633.jpg

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

IMG_2636.jpg

Last edited:
Good news!

Our friendly chap Simon the genuine parts man has filled some boxes with stuff for Lincomb which I picked up today. A small thank you from him for all the parts everyone is buying.

I've not rifled through all the stuff but there are a lot of bits and pieces ranging from key-rings to some nice cleaning kits. I'll hand them over the Ian and the other organisers to decide how they want to distribute them.

Cheers,
Crispin

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news!

Our friendly chap Simon the genuine parts man has filled some boxes with stuff for Lincomb which I picked up today. A small thank you from him for all the parts everyone is buying.

I've not rifled through all the stuff but there are a lot of bits and pieces ranging from key-rings to some nice cleaning kits. I'll hand them over the Ian and the other organisers to decide how they want to distribute them.

Cheers,
Crispin
Top man!

Bring your wellies and your waterproofs, if the internet weather forecast is owt to go on it's gonna be a bit damp ow'er weekend!!

Andy

I must have had a dream about Lincomb last night. :sleeping-sleep:

I woke up at 5.00am this morning with an excited startal and for a few brief seconds I thought I was still in the UK, wasnt emigrating for another month and as Lincomb is in September this time instead of October then I could come! :dance:

Then I realised I must have been dreaming. :thumbdown:

Anyway.............................

Have a great time guys, I'm looking forward to the tales and pics already! :icon-biggrin:

I must have had a dream about Lincomb last night. :sleeping-sleep:

I woke up at 5.00am this morning with an excited startal and for a few brief seconds I thought I was still in the UK, wasnt emigrating for another month and as Lincomb is in September this time instead of October then I could come! :dance:

Then I realised I must have been dreaming. :thumbdown:

Anyway.............................

Have a great time guys, I'm looking forward to the tales and pics already! :icon-biggrin:

Cinderella said:
A Dream is a wish your heart makes
:sleeping-sleep:

There needs to be loads of the Mog in action too!

Anyone from Devon going to Lincomb ?

The fella who bought my steel wheels is from Devon and being a farm worker is obviously struggling to find time to collect , he's looking at a 5 hour round trip , if he brings his cruiser it will likely cost him more for the wheels than it would have to order direct from the shop with delivery . Poorly thought out purchase obviously . In my experience farm workers have very little budget and i would like to help him out if i could . So if i bring the the wheels to Lincomb does anyone from Devon have room in their truck to get them home ?

Back