Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Lincomb September 7th,8th

I was told before that you can remove the spring clamps and make some cone up to give you more flex just like another make of vehicle we shall not mention.
I did say they are not very fast and you might not want to drive it to lincomb. They are lots of fun in rush hour traffic though.

When I removed the inner spring I thought the setup looked perfect for dislocation cones. I have not fitted any, I just refitted the existing spring clamps. Will certainly look at that as a future modification, along with much lighter duty rear springs. I did enjoy the drive back through town.

Really looking forward to seeing the Mog in action!!! Good work getting it through the MOT and a wise move to tow it to Lincomb!

the "one on the right" seemed to do very little except change the volume on the noise maker :lol:

That is interesting, so it turns out the Mog is primarily a noise making machine rather than a smoke making machine where forward momentum is just happens to be a by-product in both cases.

The deadline for entry forms for Lincomb is the 30th. If there is anyone else who wants to come please email your form to Tony before the end of tomorrow.

Ian

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
A week to go, can't wait. So much snagging to do on the truck and so little time.

I know it's closed but roughly how much does the event normally cost? Fanks

It's £65 Dan for the full weekend with camping and co driver or 55 solo

Thanks, I guess I'll have some time to save up for the next one then. I don't know why but I had it in ma head that lincomb was in Scotland, silly me.

Doing the food shopping on Tuesday so please make sure you post in the
catering thread
if you want food so we know how much to buy. Thanks

Last edited:
Never been before what time should i aim to arrive on Friday and can i assume there is a pub nearby where i can get a meal because chile is a bit exotic for me :puke-front:

People start arriving around lunchtime but the bulk arrive late afternoon \ early evening. There are several pubs in the area, I'm sure Tony can point you towards one that will suit your taste.

Ian

Is it a problem if we get there a bit early this year? Its just that i have to pick my brother up from work on the way down, He finishes at 6:30 but if I leave it any later in setting off he will have to sit around at work. It would mean us being there possibly as early as 10am (depending on traffic)

I don't think arriving that early will cause any problems. Tony normally cuts the grass on the Friday morning but I'm sure he can mow round your tent :icon-biggrin:

I doubt that sitting around in a field drinking and swearing at the top of your voice is going to be a problem.

See you there buddy. Ice and lime in mine please B*****s.

CJ

Over the weekend, please would someone be able to help with some adjustments to my diesel pump? JV adjusted the pre-boost setting to cure the 'can't drive over a brick' problem, but now my sliders are covered in copious amounts of soot. Seems a tad 'rich' at the mo, and doing bugger-all mpg. I know nothing about diesel pumps, except that if I start twiddling I'm sure to make a complete hash of it.....

I'm going to try and pull this one together - late I know!!! Will have more of an idea in the next 24 hours.

***Fingers crossed***

Back