Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Loss of power

Steve Blanning

Hi, my Toyota amazon auto import has lack of power, will only pull to 20mph but when stationary out of gear revs up ok, I have checked vacuums pipes , and changed fuel filter and checked fuel lines, the problem remains. I don't know of any local garages that hold a diagnosis computer so can't get it checked that way. Can anyone help please.

Very frustrating!

Sounds like fuel starvation, or some sort of blockage, any lights on your dash? I had a similar problem to you on my colorado, turned out to be the spill control valve on the injector pump. Run some redex cleaner through the system and see if it helps.

Hi, my Toyota amazon auto import has lack of power, will only pull to 20mph but when stationary out of gear revs up ok, I have checked vacuums pipes , and changed fuel filter and checked fuel lines, the problem remains. I don't know of any local garages that hold a diagnosis computer so can't get it checked that way. Can anyone help please.
Would help immensely to know which version of the LC100 you have. Petrol or diesel, and year of manufacture, auto or manual, and any mods. That is, if you want help -- some educated guesses, or better:shifty:

May I suggest creating a signature containing the specifics...

Hi , posting on behalf of my dad! It's a diesel and automatic, most detail I can tell you ATM , he has already put a cleaner through. I'm unsure how to add a signature, had a quick look but some things unavailable through mobile site, ill gain the info in the morning and post again.

Thanks for responses, any help is much apppricated.

If it has no problems starting, I would guess either the fuel pick-up in the tank or the plug to the spill control valve. Those are among the most frequent (or only) problems on the pre-2002 when it comes to starvation. (Except from leaks in and around the filter, which would normally show up as starting problems as well)

The problem in the tank is that the pipe/filter gets blocked by debris. There's a thread on this problem somewhere - something about a inspetion cover into the tank from above, and a good drain and clean.

For the Spill Control Valve (SCV), there's a plug on the cable that leads from the EDU (the driver for the SCV) to the SCV. If you take off the cover over the Injection Pump and follow the cable from the EDU to the IP, you will see a plug on the cable, close to the IP. This plug, which was modified in 2002 (?), has a tendency to develop a bad connection. Can be rectified by replacing the female part with two flat spade connectors, 2.8 mm wide, and seal the plug with vulcanizing tape. The post-2002 plug does not fit.

Attachments

• spade-connector.jpg
    spade-connector.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back