Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Low Mileage 80

Reason(s) for failure
nearside rear Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)
offside rear Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)
nearside front Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)
offside front Tyre has ply or cords exposed (4.1.D.1b)
offside front outer Ball joint has excessive play track rod end (2.2.B.1f)
nearside front Front wheel bearing has excessive play (2.5.A.3c)
offside front Windscreen washer provides insufficient washer liquid (8.2.3)
Advisory notice item(s)
rear Anti-roll bar synthetic bush deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement both (2.4.G.2)
rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened both (3.5.1i)
front outer both swivel joints damp
oil leak

Last MOT details

Actually looks incredibly tidy and those failures are just a morning's work really. But I don't think the price is realistic. I posted a 97 R plater for not much more than yesterday. It's all down the market at the time I guess. If it sells then clearly it was worth it to someone. But that's the sort of 80 that not long ago was fetching £2750

A bit alarming that someone would put a truck through MOT with all 4 tyres through to the cords!!! And I suppose the track rod end could have had a damaged gaiter and rusted out. Looks like someone's been into the front axle or it may need attention but at that mileage???

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well it depends on its history. If I was buying and selling and I wanted to know what it needed as a minimum to get a ticket on it, I'd just bang it through. Hey, they may miss all of that and grant a cert! Some people are entirely too optimistic though.

For a fix and flog you want to do as little work as possible. But if you read it, it sounds like that was the condition he bought it in. Still think it could make a good one, just not at that price. Shame he didn't stick some decent tyres on.

I think the 80s prices are self correcting already. 5k gets you a fairly good condition one, 6k for something clean'ish.

The 8 to 10k boom wa clearly artificial through feb/Mar.

The R reg has been on sale for almost 2 months now, with the price starting at 9k and working its way down.

We sold a very clean GX 80 with 90k for £10500.00 last year.

Clean Low mileage 24v Manual is where the money is.

I'm no expert by any means, but some things about this seem a little odd.
Its got under slung spare wheel, UK spec seats/ interior (can't see if it's got the 3 diff locks) yet the advert says it's an import which is backed up by the Jap decals on the lower tailgate, no evidence of third row seats and bolt on fog light and window air deflector thingy's (which I know you can buy from anywhere if you want them).
Just seems a bit of an odd ball. Mind you.......... it doesn't say where it was imported from :think:

We sold a very clean GX 80 with 90k for £10500.00 last year.

Clean Low mileage 24v Manual is where the money is.

Yep. I know someone who's just sold one for 12.5k.

Quite a few people pay big money for them still.

The "Import " specs can be a little vague and there is no hard and fast rule with these. People ( including me) retro fit UK spec items along the way to imports which distort the picture somewhat. The import 24V auto I run has the diff locks whereas others I've had have'nt and the spare wheel underslung, UK spec tailgate but, as I noticed the other day its a "Snow Edition" which I have seen advertised before ( with diff locks).
I haven't had much experience with 12V auto imports but like Ian says its the first I've seen with the UK spec seats and door cards which doesn't mean
it didn't come like that or have them retro fitted. Unless I'm wrong on this 92's didn't have the wood effect door trims either so someone along the way has done a bit of "customising", but in my opinion for the better.
This could be a really nice Cruiser for someone but for less than that money one could get a 24V auto with low mileage ( there have been a couple of beauties recently, one green one silver) and have a far better vehicle in all respects.

Everyone to their own really.

Back