Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Machine Mart Mayhem

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Twas VAT free day at my local MM today. Spent a heap! Got me one of them there Clarke 10t presses. Whoooeeee, it made short work of pressing out the bushes in the end of my spare trailing arms. Those suckers can take ages to hack out. Pushed them out in a oner. Looking forward to future challenges. Forced me into tidying the garage. Missus no planning new shelving scheme for me to get all me clobber tidied away. Bought some nice wobble bars, a set of step drills, a smaller bottle jack for the car (20t one is tooooo slow), another set of those huge axle stands and finally a new vice to replace my Dad's old behemoth of a thing which had come to the end of the road really. This one swivels and unlike the old one, actually grips, which is nice.

C

did you get the bench or free standing one in the end Chris?

I went with the short one. I plan to mount it on a bench at some point and if not, I can make legs from steel in stock, cheaper than the price difference anyway. I shall have to start collecting spacers, blocks and the like. Handy for bending brackets too, I'd imagine.

I could have bought more, but....

C

I bet you were like a kid in a sweet shop! Your definitely going to need a smart storage system in your garage to store all your toys, or a workshop extension :twisted: !!!
Chris said:
Bought some nice wobble bars
I wonder what job they might be useful for? :roll:

Don't!
Just been in there measuring up. It's not all going to fit. Not with the lathe and miller too. And the new welding bench. :cry:

New house! :thumbup:

C

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back