Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Made myself useful tonight

Nuclear Chicken

:thumbup: Arrived home tonight at about 1800 to find a flatbed Iveco, 3 or 4 tonnes I suppose, with a twin axle trailer, stuck on 'our' road. He had just lost grip and finally ground to a halt at our entrance. We are very rural and our road is never gritted. I stopped and asked him what was what and he explained that he had simply run out of puff coming up the road. (Road climbs quite a bit too from leaving the main road). He was literally 4 or 500m from his lock up that he rented at a local farm house. So, off we go up to his store, and grab a nice meaty rope. He lashed it on with a shackle to my tow bar and his front tow eye. I stuck the LC is low, locked the centre diff, selected 2nd start and after a bit of scrabbling about away we went. Hauled him, his load and a loaded trailer back to his shed. Once we got a bit of momentum up, easy peasy. :dance:

My good deed for the day. He's a landscape gardener too and he said he would give me a half day in the garden some day in return. Great. Aren't LC's just the business. :clap:

Well done! :clap:
Lots of that sort of neighbourliness going on here too - been out with Falkirk Council taking the 'Care for the Aged' carers out on their rounds - in the middle of a blizzard at -5 degrees!! What fun! :D

You lucky sod. Nice one. :dance:

I got a SMS from Herts 4x4 response that they needed two vehicles for meals on wheels. Seeing as the dusting of snow has melted, that's off.

I WANT SNOW AND FUN AND MORE SNOW!

edit: What tyres you have one? In the snowing roads I took this morning, the grabbers were doing a really good job at hold on. Still locked up on breaking though :shock: :naughty: (But it's fun)

Nice one, it's a great feeling to help someone out :dance:

Crispin said:
I got a SMS from Herts 4x4 response that they needed two vehicles for meals on wheels. Seeing as the dusting of snow has melted, that's off.

Not taking a day off to deliver some meals then Crispin?? :doh:

nope. Self employed :? I'm happy to do weekends and evenings.

I would only take the day off if they called and said "All the landrovers are stuck". :cool:

Crispin said:
I would only take the day off if they called and said "All the landrovers are stuck". :cool:

When that happens call me :pray:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Crispin said:
You lucky sod.
edit: What tyres you have one? In the snowing roads I took this morning, the grabbers were doing a really good job at hold on. Still locked up on breaking though :shock: :naughty: (But it's fun)

Crispin,

Don't know if you are asking me or Gary but I have Bridgestone 694s, stock size. Look at lot like General Grabber ATs that I spotted on a Disco yesterday.

And I'm still running my Cooper STTs which continue to amaze me :clap:

Back