Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

MAXTRAX - mud pluggers, green laners, and overlanders.

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Guys,

Is there any interest in a group buy for MAXTRAX
check this Video

They retail in Aus @ $295 + shipping +VAT.

Have negotiated £198 +VAT if we buy 15+

Anyone interested?

they do look good in the video. :clap:

if you cant get enough people onboard for the group buy, maybe you could ask Chris at BOAB to stick you a pair in his container. youd save on the VAT then aswell i think :)

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11963

Now that is an excellent idea sai Ben!!!

Keeping an eye on this one :cool:

My eyeball's could be glancing this way too....

I might be tempted too :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's no doubt that they are very good. But I am guessing they come at a price. Obviously. :roll: Can they be used as a bridging ladder? Maybe not as versatile as a waffle, but lighter and certainly very grippy whereas actually waffles aren't really.

C

Chris said:
Can they be used as a bridging ladder?
No. They are not strong enough to support the weight of a 4x4 whist bridging a gap. As you are able to stack Maxtrax one on top of the other, you could argue that you could stack three Maxtrax on top of each other and their combined strength might be able to cope with bridging. But if you can afford six Maxtrax, then you can afford a nice man to dig you out when you get stuck to save you getting dirty!

The Maxtrax have lugs that stick out on both the top and the bottom. The ones on top are angled to engage with, and lock into, your tyres tread pattern. The ones on the bottom are there to bite into the slippery/loose surface and stop the Maxtrax from uselessly firing out from underneath the tyre. Do not spin a wheel up on a Maxtrax, it can damage the Maxtrax but it can also tear your tire to shreds.

I own a pair, but haven't used them in anger on my vehicle, (I always managed to back out when forward motion ceased), but I have used Maxtrax to extract other vehicles from sand. In my experience they worked brilliantly. Just clear the sand from in front of the wheel, stick the Maxtrax in so that it'll engage with the tyre, then drive up and onto the Maxtrax (they are sloped at each end), once on the board accelerate to gain momentum and keep going, letting the rear tyres pass over the Maxtrax as well to gain extra benefit.

I paid £185 for mine, but that was three years ago now. I believe that they have been redesigned in the last year or so, to both improve the design and make the genuine Maxtrax identifiable against some substandard copies that started to appear on the market.

Maxtrax - A fantastic bit of kit, if your planning on playing in the sand and other lose surfaces.

I sent Chris from BOAB an email only 2 days ago about putting a setin his container for me so if there is a group buy then I would be interested but we best act fast.

The only thing i wanted to know was could you stand on them bare foot as another plus for the waffle boards is that you can use them as a base for your shower if inthe bush and i am not sure you could do the same with maxtrax?

Just a quick query on the figures.

295 AUD is near enough £198 already. Is the deal just to hold the price?

Also, is there any likelyhood of being hit for any duties when importing as for export it should be sent VAT free from Aus unless there is some other arrangement in place. Just checking.

warrenpfo said:
The only thing i wanted to know was could you stand on them bare foot
No. It would be pretty uncomfortable. Imagine upside down cones with wide spikes on the top.

warrenpfo said:
The only thing i wanted to know was could you stand on them bare foot as another plus for the waffle boards is that you can use them as a base for your shower if inthe bush and i am not sure you could do the same with maxtrax?
Have you actually tried doing that with waffle boards Warren? If not, be very careful of glass fibre splinters if any of the surfaces have been knocked about.

Paul said:
Also, is there any likelyhood of being hit for any duties when importing as for export it should be sent VAT free from Aus unless there is some other arrangement in place. Just checking.
I don't think Chris is offering to dodge VAT and or whatever import duties would be due, you're just removing the middle man i.e. UK importer and hopefully reducing shipping costs on bulky items. That might mean there's not much to be saved on something small like a maxtrax compared to say a bumper.

Just trying to asses the actual final delivered cost.

I could well be interested in a pair

But best part of 300 squid is a bit rich

What do you think we can get them for ???

Mal

Mal Eade said:
But best part of 300 squid is a bit richWhat do you think we can get them for ???Mal
I would be interested, but only if we could get them for less than £200 :pray:

Geeze guys read the original post!!!

Best price is £198 + VAT which is £237!

Can't be used as bridging ladders!

So anyone interested?

I need 15 to get that price!

Olazz said:
Geeze guys read the original post!!!
Best price is £198 + VAT which is £237!So anyone interested?
Sorry Olaz, I must pay a visit to Spec savers, no count me out, too much for me. I'm sure they are a good bit of kit but for the amount of times I would be likely to use them it's not worth spending that much. Thanks for the effort though. :thumbup:

Back