Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Meet Betsy, my new 40

TonyS

Hi Guys,

Look what I have found.

002_2.jpg

001_2.jpg

She is a 1984 HJ 47, with original 4.2 diesel, fsh and 360000km. No rust and immaculate. She is however in Brisbane, so a holiday down under is happening in Oct, and a big outback adventure to follow.

Hope you like. :thumbup:

Thanks Andrew,

Air con is the open windows type, :lol: , and roo bar is just about big enough. Might have to shrink it when I bring her home.

She is at a 4wd service place now, they are going to check her over next week,and give her a thorough examination. Hopefully they wont find too much. Spoke to them the other day when the guy selling her dropped it in, and he said she is very clean.

Fingers crossed nothing too major. We will probably put 10000km on her when we go, trying to get 5-6 weeks out there. :D

Watch out for speed bumps Tony!!!

Very tidy looking.

Chris

That looks great! especially with a 4.2 diesel in it. Is it an ebay purchase? If you need a shipping company the one I used for the 55 was very helpful.

Look forward to seeing it
Jonnie
(so whats happening to the one in the neighbours shed?) :)

Yes indeed, aussie ebay. The shipping co you use will be good to know. Going to do a trip this year, then see how it goes. Can keep her with friends in Melbourne, for next year.

Neighbours one still on the cards, but so much more to do up than this one was, and this is mint. Think I am waiting for your call on kitchen/drawer system haggle!! ;)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
excellant! will pass on the two companies I have used, both were exported from Brisbane. I am glad the other is still on the cards as I think Rodger retirement would be a little less interesting otherwise!

Jonnie

Ideal, thanks Jonnie. Do you know if they have an office in Melbourne?

pretty sure they go from all the major ports, you can get an instant quote off them for an idea of shipping costs! the cheapest I think is the RORO, but you could fit it in a container and load it up with other goodies!! I would have done that if I had time to be out there, they ship every few weeks so you could finish your adventure(very jealous) and then drive it straight to the port and load it.

Will be like Christmas when it arrives!
Jonnie

That would be a great option, will contact them tomorrow.

Cheers,

:thumbup:

Looks very nice Tony :thumbup: So your going to have an new Toy to look forward to, as well as a touring trip down under, how will you contain the excitement!!! Are we jealous?........Oh yes indeed!!!

Look forward to hearing how things go with Betsy and the trip. Good luck.

Thanks Scott,

Actually, yes, cant wait to get out there. Got a few things to do to her before I get there, but waiting for their report first. Hopefully just run in at 360000kms, and no major repairs.

Keep you posted with what they find out. Might be back here for the easter 2012 get together.

Cheers,

Great looking truck :thumbup:

the trip is icing on the cake, eh?

I would look around the wreckers while I was there for some spares and I think Id try and get a 75 UTE to try out

Well I can dream anyway :pray:

Missed the thread, wow nice new toy you got yourself there Tony, cant wait to see it in action at Lincomb. Seems that 40s are getting very popular at Lincomb :cool:

Thanks rob, going to bring it back next year, might try to find another to accompany it in the container, or a 75 ute!! :thumbup:
Will then sell one.
Word back from the service guys is its a top buy. Going to check it through properly next week.

Cheers,

Hi Guys,

Betsy is coming along well, had a new rad put in, wheel bearings and an electrical check, and a few other bits. Engine is sweet, has been checked through, and nothing needs doing.
Just sorting out some storage options for the tray.
Will try and get an updated pic soon.

Cheers.

What a great find Tony, very nice. Be good to see that at future Lincomb events. :thumbup:

Tony very nice truck you have there. If you do go down the container route and have any space left do let me know as there are a few things from Aus i would like eg longranger tank etc. and would be happy to help on the shipping costs. I am sure you may have other takers here as well.

Back