Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Milners brake parts.

V8 or be Late

I was thinking of replacing my handbrake shoes. springs. and retainer clips and handbrake cable on my 2001 KDJ 95. Maybe change front and rear pads and replace all 4 rotors too while I have it up on axle stands.! I was looking at Milners prices and they are reasonable.! Has anyone gotten Brake Service Items from them for a Colorado before and had any problems.?? OR Do the parts fit OK without any problems.?? Because I think I have read somewhere before of Milners stuff sometimes not fitting too good and needing altering to make them work.!! Thanks for any info.!!

Discs and pads etc should be fine, not too sure about the handbrake bits seeing as they are so fiddly in the first place.

Thanks Mick, pads and discs are still OK, I just wanted to do the handbrake because it is fully adjusted now and will need doing in 6 months or so, BUT with the weather we are having here in Tyrone I have nothing else to do.!! Was gonna get the wee fiddly springs and clips with the new shoes IF they all fit OK.!!

The pads and their discs are fine really. Handbrake shoes shouldn't really get wear. But I have bought their fitting kits - all the little cup washers etc? They were crap.

Cheers Chris, thats what I was afraid of! I dont want to make it worse than it is. handbrake was OK when I MOT.d it last month so I might get them from Toyota if I need to.! Do you know if Milners Handbrake cable is OK.?

Yes, last one I had (a while ago) was actually genuine.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The pads and their discs are fine really. Handbrake shoes shouldn't really get wear. But I have bought their fitting kits - all the little cup washers etc? They were crap.

I think there pads are rubbish. Fitted a set to my 80 and felt like I drove the whole way across Europe before I had brakes again, they seemed to take forever to bed in, and that was AFTER I 'bedded them in' properly.

Sorry to disagree Chris, and I'm only basing my opinion on one set I bought. Have to say though that the OEM clutch kit I got from them including both spigot and release bearing for a fraction over 200 quid including delivery to Ireland was tip top though!! And they are quick and reliable to dispatch

Im not sure if mine is strectched or fully adjusted, I might try adjusting it tomorrow and see. If it needs replacing I will chance one from Milners.!

Well sorry to disagree with your disagreement Yogi, but I trialled their new pads and I've not had anything stop me as well as they did. Remember I was on 37's too! I was only getting 1000 miles out of a front set of genuine Yota pads. Their latest ceramic pads were excellent.

I shall be in there tomorrow as I have to pick up a clutch as it happens. Glad to hear is was a good buy.

Back