Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mintex Yellows - Bloody hell it stops!!!!

Cptsideways

Garage
Over the weekend I have been servicing my mates 80 a 12v with ABS. Now this gets used for towing a race trailer (twin deck job) 3.2 Tons all up. It's last set of brake pads were Apec & quite frankly the brakes have always been shite!! It's been impoosible to set the ABS off in the dry, the tyres never squealed & it just came to a meandering stop eventually.... Not Dissimilar to my own earlier 80 with the smaller brakes & Milner brake dust accumulator pads :lol:

So my mate is sponsored by Mintex so he got Mintex yellows, apart from the fact the rears had to be made to fit (some judious tab trimming required) they were all fitted up & bedded in today over a few miles.

This evening we took it for a spin - my word what a difference, its properly stops now, much better retardadtion with less pedal effort & you can set the ABS off with ease. I can't believe the difference its made.

Mintex are to be made aware that the pads don't fit & they'll be getting some older gen ones too shortly if all goes to plan, they've said they'll make them.

I always used to use Mintex Pads on my colorado, they are cheap and just very good.

However they do wear faster than OEM stuff, and therefore produce more brake dust I think.

For me toyota official pads are the best, little brake dust, long life, and stops good. :thumbup:

Back