Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Missing arches - replaced

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
MOT due this week - which it sailed through am hour ago, but needed to cover the protruding wheels. I don't have a complete set of original Mr T ones so I have improvised with some perforated strip and a roll of rubber. Actually, they have turned out OK.

Done the back ones the same. They are quite stiff, but will certainly deform if stuffed into a bank wall. Fortunately they are cheap, simple and bendable-backagain.

Scoff if you will, but needs must. Mr MOT quite happy.

[attachment=0:2kg9h39o]Front spats.JPG[/attachment:2kg9h39o]

Chris

Attachments

• Front spats.JPG
    Front spats.JPG
    990.5 KB · Views: 526
Very MAD-MAX :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:

I actually did the very same kind of thing for my last truck due to actually being tugged by the Old-Bill for protruding tyres.

I used Roofing Felt Support Tray available from ScrewFix and about a 1000 black japped self tappers ;) :D

http://www.screwfix.com/p/felt-support- ... of-5/36622

P5160042.jpg

P2150163.jpg

Genius. Mate.

Got the back ones done after a trip out to find a B&Q with stock actually on the shelf not just in the computer :roll: :roll:

And now it looks like this. Given the situation, I am actually quite pleased. They're surprisingly rigid.

Let's have no comments about the drive or the garage. You guys are so predictable. Yes - the gutter has got a leak in it. No the flood light is not in the middle. Yes there is a hole in the tarmac :whistle:

C

[attachment=0:1zjuzhyc]side view.JPG[/attachment:1zjuzhyc]

Cheers Carl.

Actually Chas, that's not where GW burned out. Well not quite. This is where we park and just turn the wheels to straighten up. The tarmac was applied by some nice honest travelling folk somewhere in the dim and distant, but I don't seem to be able to find the guarantee. But once I do, there's not going to be a problem getting them to come back and do it again, properly. No no, in fact they will probably leap at the chance to restore their reputation. I have been watching the TV series and have been impressed at just how hard they all seem to work.

Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Chris said:
The tarmac was applied by some nice honest travelling folk, but I don't seem to be able to find the guarantee. But once I do, there's not going to be a problem getting them to come back and do it again, properly. No no, in fact they will probably leap at the chance to restore their reputation. Chris
:think: I hope you're rght Chris, but when you do find the guarantee I'd take it to them . . . . . . . . . along with a big baseball bat (or one of your other favourite weapons ;) )

Well, seems successful so far. Got the 37's on today with 30mm spacers too as they were hitting the radius arms without them. Gave the rims a bit of a glossing, which IMO looks better

[attachment=4:3hr0m1qd]photo 1.JPG[/attachment:3hr0m1qd]

Then went for a spin. Seems surprisingly good considering what I have done to the old bus. Up to 60 mph was acceptable. Found some humpy bits to see if they tyres caught the arches. Well, close in places but not touching.

[attachment=3:3hr0m1qd]photo 2.JPG[/attachment:3hr0m1qd]

[attachment=2:3hr0m1qd]photo 3.JPG[/attachment:3hr0m1qd]

[attachment=1:3hr0m1qd]photo 4.JPG[/attachment:3hr0m1qd]

[attachment=0:3hr0m1qd]photo 5.JPG[/attachment:3hr0m1qd]

Much higher and I shall need oxygen. Small P&P next weekend for a shakedown.

Chris

Looking good Chris.

Wheels look good for a coat :thumbup:

Got the hight lift on as well now :thumbup:

Put the HL on Karl, 'cos I am fed up of tripping over the damn thing every turn I take. Nowhere else to put it.

Chris

Looking good there Chris :thumbup: The 80 is so large that it masks the size of the 37's, till you see the size of the spare on the back, and then you realise just how large they are!

Painting the wheels has made it look nice and smart, windows and wheels make a big difference to the appearance of a vehicle.

I'm liking the articulation, your getting good travel and the rear tyre fits up into the wheel arch perfectly, it's almost as if it was made for it! :shifty:

Now for the real fun bit.......it's first off road test. Enjoy!

Cheers Scott. You are right. I keep going bigger and bigger on the tyres and it just seems to absorb them. Then, as you say you look at the one on the back and you realise how massive they are. I used the jack to lift it up into place last night when I was talking to you on the phone.
Gentle articulation seems to be clear, what a major bounce will be like, I don't know. But if it hits the only answer is that 4" lift kit from IM. Mmmmm Hope it catches.

Chris

Back