Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Mobile help needed

joinerman

Garage
I've been a pay as you go user for many many years with vodafone but it's time to upgrade to a contract, been to my local shop today & they have tried to get me to have a samsung galaxy 2 withh 300 mins unlimited texts & 250mg of tinternet for £25 a month, not being to clued up on this is it a good deal ? have read that battery life is poor.

Dont know about the phone but thats not too bad a tariff apart form the internet is quite low. Depends what you use the phone for though.

Last edited:
I am on 3. I get 5000 mins to the same network, 2000 mins to any other network and unlimited data (with tethering (hooking it to you laptop/tablet)). I know you can get this for £31 a months and a samsung galaxy S3 for free, well the last time I looked.

Depends what you want - get a decent phone on eBay and look at the £12 package from GiffGaff

Personally I think that deal is a bit rubbish. I have 5000 minutes 3 to 3, 2000 any network, 5000 texts and unlimited internet for £25 per month though it took a lot of haggling to get it.

As for handsets I'd personally go with an HTC as the interface is nicer than most others. The HTC One S is lovely...

I'm not a big user but this week my work land line has been down & my moby has quickly swallowed up £40. Internet usage is partly why i want to upgrade.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I recommend going through a cashback site like Quidco. They're offering £120 cashback at the moment if you sign up for a handset contract thats over £25 a month. Three are offering £61.65 cashback on the one plan. Not as good as some deals but they'll probably come up with a better one soon.

Personally I didn't want to get into a contract that cost me too much a month so I bought an HTC Desire HD off my brother for £100 when his renewal came up. I then went for a 'sim only' contract from Three. Its an 18 month contract for £12 pm and I get 600 mins, 3000 texts and unlimited internet which is plenty for me. I also got £89 cashback for buying via Quidco which means its really only £7 a month. The cashback takes a little while to come through but its well worth it. Did the same with AA cover this year. Full cover for £89 and then I got £50 cashback. :dance:

Sim only deals are the best ones at the moment
just buy decent phone off ebay and away you go

I guess, I would use an unlocked phone of choice, and buy a sim only contract.

Gra.

I have leased an iphone 4s with unlimited calls and usage for £36 +vat.
(certain network to network calls are charged but I cant remember who, this adds about £5 a month).

Get a vodaphone sim-only deal, keep your existing phone.

Also, carphone wearhouse do a weekly deal, normally a 2 or 3 year old model, at £7.50 per month ! Samsung Galaxy Y and Samsung Galaxy Ace were last couple.

Pete

Here I found this, on another forum I look at from time to time

http://www.ssangyongclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=20423&pid=115422&st=0&#entry115422

Here is the posting if you cant link to it.

Gra.

Don't know if any of you are in the market for a smart phone or have done any reading up but if so you are probably already aware of the Huawei g300.
Amazingly well appointed entry level phone that smashes the opposition in both price and functionality. I'll leave the research to you for clarification.
Anyway usual price on these is around the £100 mark.
However go to
http://www.very.co.u...&totalResults=1
You will need to register for a credit card with them.
Then use the £30 off voucher 2D894 (just checked - this code may now not work but do try it if not 2D4WB will get you £25 off)
More codes can be found here
http://www.hotukdeal...hers/very.co.uk
You can also get free delivery to your nearest post office for collection at your convenience.

Brilliant android smart phone which will update itself to android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) on the 2nd update straight out of the box with no hacking.
If you are happy to nullify your warranty then an easy hack will have you at superuser and able to remove the vodafne garbage on it.
As vodafone talkmobile and asda sims will run in it without unlocking.
Unlocking is around £5 on ebay for code.

Good deals for sim available from virgin at present 1 month rolling contract 1200 mins 1gb data unlimited txt £12 or talk mobile various options at £8 100mins 200txt 1gb or phone them for better deal and other options. Ask your current provider for the pac code and you can take your present number to new sim. Often this will prompt them into offering you amazingly cheap deals if your contract is nearly up.

Nothing what-so-ever to do with any of them just love my phone and thought I'd pass this saving on.

Back