Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

No need to go to Shetland Chris, this is view from our camp on North Coast of mainland Scotland tonight near tongue

e877bfe3b6eeb47d4b0802eadbbf2da6.jpg

edede077004ea4a4a636f5588738bd55.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice Andy. OK then maybe I'll stop as my tyres dip into the sea and set up camp there. Never been right to the top of Scotland.

OK I figure we need some vehicle graphics for this trip. Forget colours at the second, how would you feel about a peel-able vinyl something along these lines. Just an idea at the second. I would like the date and WWW cruiser in there plus the out line of Morocco. We can have UK to Morocco instead or whatever. I like the second design but with the compass at the top. On size, I have initially said something like 10" x 8" but we can have whatever we like. Just to be clear, the BLACK is backing. When you peel it all off all you see is the white bit like a skelington. Yes? So we can have the outline in red, white, black etc. it depends what shows up on your vehicle. I'd really need black. But on a black truck you'd need white? We can't design these by committee so majority rule will be it. If you put them on tinted glass they could all be white

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 12.55.21.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 13.06.29.jpg

View attachment 19077

Yes to a graphic of some description we just need to get something suitable. IMHO Morocco or Bust is a little predictable maybe we could come up with a better title

I'd been thinking the same a looking around for idea and quite like this sort of thing
Logo-Vespa-raid-Maroc-2014-300x231.jpg

There is a slim chance a friend of mine may come and he is a leading freelance illustrator so I may be able to persuade him to draw something up, but he turns down work for the Red Bull F1 Team so may be too busy.

If we use a map in any graphics the Western Sahara must be shown as part of Morocco not a separate territory or we will be asked to remove all graphics before leaving customs

All in favour of a graphic. Don't like the "or bust". Not mad about the font in "morocco or bust 2015". Probably no need for the map outline.

Here's more ideas from previous trips...

Attachments

• dakar-ireland.png
    dakar-ireland.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 143
  • ireland_morocco5.jpg
    ireland_morocco5.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 135
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ok guys, I'll leave it to you to arrange. I did say the text was just there as an example.

Are there many mummies in Morocco?

I'll have two please. One for each side in a a light colour to go on the black glass.

Forget the idea of having our website on there. Stupid idea.

Ta

I'm guessing it's supposed to be some sort of camel wrangler in his Sunday best, but looks like a Mummy to me.

Are you serious about having to have the WS on any graphic? Is the WS like the Falkland islands then, disputed territory? Mind you I seem to recall someone publicly printing a map of the UK recently and missed Wales off.

Last edited:
It's the Dakar logo person. Apparently there's some rule that you need to have at least one of these on your truck if you go overlanding [emoji3][emoji3]

The WS is officially a disputed territory not that we'll get that far south. There have been several incidents with stickers showing Morocco and the WS as separate and customs requiring them to be removed before entry is allowed. Probably best to avoid the issue all together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Zerbra really drink beer? I did not know that. Will we see many that's the question.

Nope. But I know a bloke who says he can lift a tractor.

Its not the zerbra you need to worry about ;)

there are these little chipmunk type animals called Barbary Squirrels, they have a strange fondness for eating rubber and particularly tyre rubber. If your not careful you can go to bed with MT's and wake up to racing slicks!

I'll pack the 12 gauge.

So have we finalised the decals then? What size did we go for? Keen to get mine stickered up. They being posted out or what?

Hmm, eh?

Lets set a dead line for the decal sticker design? How about mid June? By then we should show here all the ideas and vote.Any objections?

Star Wars was also shot there. Or some of it. Can I get a wookie on mine please?

The Dakar image may be a bit pase but I quite like the idea. The BOAB style stuff is also quite good. maybe "European Land Cruiser Club - Raid Maroc 2015"

Tusken Raider.jpg

a quick rip off of the vespa one

-raid-Maroc-2015.jpg

Last edited:
Back