Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

Ola...from Barcelona. moving slowly but firm! I had snow yesterday in the Italian Alps just before France:icon-biggrin: Wild camping is a funny thing to do in the middle of the night...hehe.

Attachments

• CH293104.JPG
    CH293104.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 225
  • CH303115.JPG
    CH303115.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 206
  • CH303120.JPG
    CH303120.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 209
Saw some reports on the Hubb last week about thunder across the atlas and flooding. Seemed to only affect the mountains. 7 day look ahead is fine no rain :)

Have a great trip guys, and post lots of photos. Enjoy those empty Spanish motorways

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

George, get that tap covered up before you get to Morocco :thumbup:

We we had zero rainfall on our 3 week trip last month, but it was cloudy over the Atlas and the Cedar forest region.

Have a good trip guys, have fun and stay safe.... don't forget the Moroccan drivers have Allah with them so they only overtake on blind bends :wtf::icon-biggrin:

Last edited:
The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round ...

I am on my way yippee :)

Whatever is left / forgotten - tough ;)

Don't worry Gary. I have two spare ones. I think one of them is left handed but it's the same thread. The other has a small crack in it but it works just the same.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have lots of fun guys - (not much room for jokes) enjoy, stay safe and drink plenty!

Bon voyage and best wishes to all , hope it wasn't your other pair of socks you forgot Gary :shock:

Safe journey chaps, May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face.

Socks?? I'm a Zimbo, Shayne - socks are entirely over-rated :)

Sitting at Tebay services in the Lakes - been pissing sunshine the whole way and currently 22 degrees C outside. Glorious!

Gorgeous here Gary. Having second thoughts about going now.

Not!

Finished work, just packing up the flat before the drive home to pack the truck ready for off tomorrow :) :)

Travel Safely All!

I am sure that you will enjoy yourselves.

Looking forward to seeing a few pictures.... hopefully a few more progress photos as you boys progress further south.

In the mean time.... I will be doing a bit of my own trip - a bit further south to Botswana (Can't wait!)

I hope you have as much fun as I did, have a good trip

image.jpg

Stickers on... will finish packing the car tomorrow...
5967817d8bfe5bcc59a2841482f4ce96.jpg

Nearly Ready...

It has been a very busy and stressful few days but I reckon I am finally ready now. So many things needed sorting out :icon-cry:. Among the highlights were a dead CB. The only way to get at it is to strip out the dash! So Wednesday it looked like this.

Stripped dash IMG_0896.JPG

Eventually I found the fault - the microphone lead! So stripping the dash was a complete waste of time! When I got the plug off the Mic lead I could see three of the four wires were disconnected. I wasted a couple of hours trying to find a wiring guide for the Mic but eventually used my meter to find earth on the CB then shorted across the plug pins to work out RX TX and Mic. Then used my meter on the Mic wires to do a similar thing. soldered them up and it appeared to work. But how to test it properly as no-one around to chat to? As the dash was in bits I took the opportunity to replace the trim with some fancy stuff I had lying around and fitted the wheel I bought of Joinerman so it now looks like this.

Dash.jpg

Then looking out of my window I spotted this truck on the shore.

Big Foot IMG_0901.JPG

So popped down and tested my CB by chatting to them - all worked well. A Dutch couple are driving around in that monster truck. Before this truck he owned an 80 series that he drove for over 600, 000 Km!

Today was set aside to finish off all remaining jobs. Firstly I had to collect my stickers from the local sorting office and pay 11p extra for postage plus a £1 fine! But at least I have my stickers now. Next some final food shopping but my credit card was refused in Tesco’s and then again when I tried to buy gas for my stove :wtf:. This issue resulted in over an hour spent on the phone where I discovered Lloyds Card Services did not take my DD from Santander as I had cancelled it! So now I was in default etc. etc. Nonsense of course as I had not canceled my DD and Santander insisted the DD was still live. Result total standoff :icon-evil:. However one official complaint later Lloyds were still correct (of course) but they refunded all charges/fines, re-activated my card and setup a new DD…

Any way there were a few other dramas but finally my car is packed with gear food and booze. I even gave the poor chap a wash but had no time to polish.

Mr T IMG_0921.JPG

Raring to go. Heck just remembered I have to mask the headlights :icon-rolleyes: - will do that in the morning...

Last edited:
Have a safe and enjoyable trip one and all.

Back