Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Morocco October 2015

1)Does anybody has anything against making a film? My buddy Martin (my tripmate) is a journalist and has a bunch of filming equipment he's bringing along including quadracopter with a GoPro onboard for birdseye view etc. It is going to be a film just for our own use without intending any commercial purposes. Just for fun!:) He is good in short documentaries.

Sounds brilliant. No objections here.

2) Is there any enter/exit fees for the vehicles in Morocco?

Not unless you feel like giving a few Euro to any helper you decide to use. Helpers are not necessary though.

P.S. Just a few days left to the trip. Lets get ready!:lol:

We're ready. Well except for an adjustable front ph rod. Replace rear os shock. Maybe a roofrack. Fill fridge with beer....

No exit/entry fees for Morocco at all.

No objections to filming, several of us have gopros and I was going to collate al the footage with a view to make a short film like the one I posted a few pages ago. I'd like a copy of any footage for my own use though particularly the drone footage - I want an aerial shot of the convoy driving through the desert etc :D

I'm not sure what the situation with drones is in Morocco but always avoid filming near any military/police and in Morocco it is considered very bad manners to film/photo someone without asking permission first, you'll need to be very descrete otherwise.

When I was in Zagora last year a French guy was filming with a drone by the garages and he got asked to go and answer a few questions in the police station. Probably some cash was involved. Just be warned that the local authoritites may not like them and cause a bit of a headache if the police military get involved. I would leave filming to the remote areas with the drone.

I don't want to sound like a spoil sport but if there is any hassle with using a drone we wont wait around for long while any problems are resolved, we all want to have a good trip without spending a day answering questions from the fuzz. If you friend decides to film in places were its more likely to get a reaction and there is any problems we'll wait around for a little while and then arrange to meet up later in the day George.

My trucks pretty much ready, air con needs a fix so it works again and lower rear suspension arm bushes and I'm set. I almost need to find a project to fill the time before we go :)

Pretty much ready. Except for radio fitting, water tank, sort the table storage on the roof, handbrake refurbish, cure the rusted wheel arch, MOT.... Pretty sure I've forgotten something lol

If you'd said your mate's name was Jeremy, James or called 'Hamster' by his mates I'd have an issue ..... So seems ok to me ;)

Great! Will have a film then!:dance: Of course we'll take into consideration any of the above in post #222. The drone is really small and will be used in the desert, crossing the Atlas or on the Atlantic coast just a few times for the whole trip and nowhere near any other people but us. Anybody is welcome to sugest where and when.That will make the film even more alive as WE'LL BE A TEAM FOR THREE WEEKS!... Anybody is welcome to have all the footage at the end of the trip and use it however and whenever you guys feel like. The idea is to make 25-30 min film of the trip . That will include also meeting, getiing on the ferry,when setting a bivouak,if anybody feels like saying a few words infront of the camera...stuff like that - a documentary.You get the idea. Just part of the fun. Not a film making crew being bussy and involved with just filming. We'll be there for the trip, not the video. If the second happens-great!
Cheers!

P.S.162,5 days(I'm hitting the road ot Sep 30th )

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
... several of us have gopros and I was going to collate al the footage with a view to make a short film like the one I posted a few pages ago..

That gave me the idea. I met Martin this mornig to discuss the trip and share my thoughts about filming.He was excited.

I want an aerial shot of the convoy driving through the desert etc :D

You can direct it. Choose a place, time etc....

Just discovered MOT is due 25 May. I'd better get cracking on the brakes then ;)

For those that have been before .... I'm humming and haa-ing about taking my BOAB portable braai - do you need to use a fire box or are 'open' fires in a fire pit allowed???

If open fires allowed great I'll just bring the grid and trivets :)

Hang on, I don't think we' have all replied yet......

I'm a lazy twat and can't be bothered getting in out all the time to take pictures. So I'd like a copy of the film when it's done too please. :thumbup: Sounds absolutely brilliant.

Had a slight heart stopper though when you said only a few days. I thought, cripes have I got the date wrong?

My build is tantalisingly close now. Just a few bits here and there but the major stuff is built. Going to get another shake down next weekend at Lincomb.

I am about as excited as an excited person on St Excited's day.

.. are 'open' fires in a fire pit allowed???

Good point Gary!:thumbup: I'd like to know as well.

Hang on, I don't think we' have all replied yet......

I was wandering when you'll say that.:lol:

..So I'd like a copy of the film when it's done too please. :thumbup: Sounds absolutely brilliant
Every one will get a copy of the film. Rough material you can get immediately after the trip and the film will take some time to make. Maybe a month or so.

P.S. I dont want to scare you but I still have hours of rough footage collecting dust on the shelf from my 2004 New York to Alaska arctic circle trip:icon-rolleyes:

Fantastic - a video bundle!!!

Videos going to be great. With a few cameras at different angles and a bit if team work we can get some great footage[emoji3]

Re fires. I've no idea really never had the need for one. Wood is a bit scarce in the desert and the locals need it so I've just relied on a cold beer and the warm glow of some LEDs and only used a few twigs and dried crap for the jelly kettle

In camp sites they might not like open fires but if we're in a camp site I guess we'll eat out somewhere. Minds you talk of braai's and the thought of big hunks of meat is making my mouth water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I'm happy to lug along some bags of charcoal and a bundle of wood - and if we all take a bundle of wood we'd be fine. Nothing like the glow from the bush TV after a day on the trails :)

A bag of charcoal isn't going to take up much room in the truck.

Should I be bringing a rifle?

I do have a very good gas BBQ which runs on.. err... gas not wood. Does sand not burn then?

OK look I am new at this.

I'm ready for an evening FIRE in the desert!:lol:

Attachments

• tlc80_project 001.jpg
    tlc80_project 001.jpg
    824.1 KB · Views: 130
Should I be bringing a rifle?

Customs regularly ask if I have any pistols, never anything else though..........

Not much to shoot in the desert though, unless it ones of those guns for shooting cans

You know cans........................Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, moroccans[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the middle of galvanising the chassis, so plenty to keep me occupied....

005696eecd0765b45bd2b86528ad5954.jpgebcc14387cdc6168a9398e5109b40e6a.jpge6622b322bedd6363ef653aa3718182d.jpgI

Last edited:
Back