Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 80

What size of pedders lift is on it? Im considering getting their 4" for my 80.

What size of pedders lift is on it? Im considering getting their 4" for my 80.

it's a 2 inch kit with 20 mm spacers as I needed a little extra for the tyres.

Not always so clean and shiny lol. Was a lot worse after getting a bit stuck.
Unfortunately now got deep scratches that run from the headlights to the tail lights but better then going backwards into a ditch!! Arches, bumpers and sections of the doors are now matt black as got scuffed a bit.

20141109_212703.jpg

20141109_222520.jpg

Went out night laning with some of the usual suspects. One had mechanical issues though when the v6 went rattle rattle rattle bang!!!
20141109_212614.jpg

IMG_1463184087406.jpg

Last edited:
Not always so clean and shiny lol.

Went out night laning with some of the usual suspects. One had mechanical issues though when the v6 went rattle rattle rattle bang!!!

IMG_1463184087406.jpg

That's not so good Gary, was it terminal? I guess the photo above is the rattle, rattle bang smoke aftermath?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That was after limping it off the lane with not many cylinders working lol. 3.5 v6 trooper and very terminal, funny smelling fog!!
He's gonna get another engine for it, turbo conversion was mentioned!

I just need to get the machine polisher out and get some shine back lol.

It's a shame in a way, your truck was close on perfect when you got it Gary.

Still, a shiny truck lives on the driveway, no fun in that, is there? :lol:

Have you thought of a clear wrap? I've had mine done and it's holding up very well...:dance:

If I was scared to scratch it I wouldn't own it tbh, no new dents so will tidy up.

I was thinking of a black wrap rather then clear, hide the scratches lol.

Would've got away with it if the 35's were on as stick out a bit and keep the body away from bankings a bit. The lane had been majorly messed up since last drove it so we had issues. Was a steady night run that we planned and didn't want anything too technical, good job recovery gear stays in the boot!

The wheels on mine are the widest part of the truck, and it does prevent a lot of rubs, especially on deep V tracks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

These photos don't show what I mean very well, but with the 305s on 10" zero offsets, the outer face of the tyres sit a good 50mm outside the body line. Also, the front wing bars have saved the wings on many occasions :thumbup:

PS the sidewalls on these old GG AT2s look disgraceful, but I can't get the treads to wear out to replace them! I want some of the new 315 BFG ATs, when they become available. At this rate, the GGs will still be legal when BFG bring out the 2016 model :lol:

Last edited:
They look to sit similar to mine Clive. Do give you something to rub against lol.

Wheel wobble has gone now washed the mud out too lol. Been a while since I've been that stuck, makes a change :lol:

So today rolled onto a good mileage that seemed worthy of a photo. Not bad for its age

20141222_152221.jpg

Nice one Gary everyone's looking for a delivery mileage 80 :lol:

Last edited:
That's probably the lowest mileage cruiser I've seen in a long time! :lol:

Yep she's a low mileage 80. I only do around 4k a year too so it won't be climbing too high any time soon :icon-biggrin:
Already had someone make an offer to buy it which I turned down.

So after the issues at the weekend with a dodgy ht lead I decided to order some magnecor 8mm leads, they've turned up before then replacement from formula power!

20150226_101347.jpg

The nice blue magnecor leads against the other leads

20150226_103322.jpg

And slotted in place in the rain this morning as I just couldn't wait for it to stop lol. Don't think postie was even off the drive and the bonnet was coming up!
20150226_105251.jpg

I cut open the the lead from formula power and the electrode part was crap, most of it had turned to dust at the distributor end so no surprise it broke down!!

Still waiting on the replacement which will be an emergency set with the spares in the boot, never know might break a shoe lace or something and have no string :lol:

I had plans to re fit the boot out whilst I've been off work, the ht issue meant I spent the money I set aside for them!

Well the lovely wife this morning has offered to pay for the materials for the drawers :icon-biggrin:
Been on the phone to my mate who's a sparky and he's getting me some 300mm cable tray. Will pick some ply up during the week and order some other bits and pieces.

Going to use the load liner for the top I think, easy to clean and has Landcruiser on it. Couple holes drilled in from the other box in the boot but not an issue.
Will make a start this week, doubt will get it finished as other stuff planned but just happy can order some stuff..

Looking forward to seeing the drawer system Gary. :thumbup:

Had some 300mm tray delivered today, mate who's a sparky sorted it so nice and cheap, trip to the metal stockists tomorrow and few bits to order from evil bay.

20150310_100541.jpg

Hopefully make a start at the weekend, will sell the other storage box too as already getting in the way

Edit.
Now have materials for drawer runners etc, ordered some bearings and been to work for my rivnut tool and a box of inserts.
So far spent about £80, plus some wood, a few fittings and bolts these drawers shouldn't be too expensive.

Last edited:
Made a start on the drawers. Still waiting for the bearings to turn up so didn't get loads done

Ally box bolted down to the floor, cut holes in the top so the bolts are inside, used the 3rd row seat bolt holes.
The piece next to the tailgate is loose still as need to get everything lined up before secure it
20150313_103814.jpg

Got the cable tray cut and bent, drilled some holes and put some rivnuts in to hold it in place
20150313_121756.jpg

Got measured up for some ply which I need to go for to make some drawers.
Need to go get some chequer plate for the drawer fronts and a piece of flat ally sheet to make a tailgate deck while the tools are out.

Hopefully other stuff will turn up soon so I can get a good bit done before I go back to work.

Back