Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My 'bargain' 24v

Looks good! :icon-biggrin:

I really like that colour blue. :clap:

That brake disc looks pretty scored grooved?

Do you plan on getting the bodywork sorted out?

Looks just like the dent on the rear quarter and the bonnet rust? :think:

Will you be keeping it standard?

From the photos is looks alright :clap:

The tailgate looks good worth taking the plasic cover off the inside and having a look up inside it and if no rust or rot spray a load of wax oil type stuff around in there.

Rust on the bonnet would prob be easier keeping your eye out and swapping for on same colour. The dint on the rear quarter could pop back out fairly well.

Still a thumbs up from me :clap:

I am impressed,I'm used to LR's and one of them of comparative age and mileage would probably be in a hell of a state.
It has marked the n/s/f disc up,due to the sticky brake,which is a shame but I think once I've changed hoses and another set of pads it'll probably survive for the time being.
Wasn't going to bother doing the bodywork but the rest of it is so nice I think I'm gonna have too!
Those two bits do certainly spoil the overall picture of the truck. Will get it washed off today,so that it looks a little more presentable.
There's plenty of other work to be doing before I get to bodywork

And I was that chap. If the column cover is dragging on the back of the wheel its almost certainly because someone has had the cowl off and not lined it up properly when they've put it on - mine was exactly the same when I got it - guess in both cases someone had prodded about trying to fix the airbag, given up and just lashed the cowl back on. :? A bit of care when you line it up putting it on and it should clear by a few mil and no fouling. BTW - Thank god(s) for St Karl who got me out of the poo on that one.. without the airbag it wouldn't have passed the local vehicle import test, and going to MrT for a solution would likely mean a new mortgage!

Sounds like you've bagged a reasonable enough truck for the money though mate - pleased for you.

Oh - and the earlier wheel fits, but you lose cruise control of course....

Thanks Dave,I assume there's not such a thing as a non airbag wheel,with cruise?

Last edited:
looks like a bargain to me- I wonder if the quarter could be pulled by dent master- it doesn't look kinked. give it a good g3 all over and see how it looks. I bought mine with holes in the upper rear tailgate and driven it for over a year like that despite having a replacement (via Karl webster) lying in the front room! get your fun out of it and then worry about jobs later. At the end of the day its a bloody landcruiser so you only need fuel and it will go! p.s you can get aerosol paint made to match at halfords and ideal for touch ups until you get time to do a proper job. good luck with it.

Underside looks cleaner than what i have seen before. Well done looks like you got yourself a bargain

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just out of interest,I've just worked it out(roughly) and my first tankful of fuel was used at a rate of 21mpg. Not bad I thought as I have been 'on it' a bit,with the vc siezed up which probably doesn't help?

I get max mpg by driving everywhere at 2000rpm aka 58mph usually 29mpg. vc seized may not make a big difference in normal driving?

21 mpg from a 24v is a bit low IMHO, even 'on the gas'. I get that towing the caravan at motorway speeds. A seized VC will, at best, scrub tyres and burn fuel. At worst it will wind up the transmission.
I tried the paint matching service at Halfords and it came out way too dark but no doubt it will vary from colour to colour.
I had a tin matched at a place at Bolsover and it was a PERFECT match.

Last edited:
you may laugh but B&Q are pretty good at matching non metalic paint for vehicles had to do it on a 250k coach before as i was in a hurry.

I agree 21 seems quite low, 26 is more like it for enthusiastic driving in a standard one.

don't know really, too long since I had a standard 12v and never had a diesel 100 but plenty others could answer those questions.

Thats interesting,26 would be nice as I see fuel is going up again!:oops:

Knocked out the dent in the rear quarter this today,its not perfect,has left a litttle crease. Theres also a scratch from where the damage occured in the first place but it's a lot better and near enough for the time being.
Also chopped the sides off of the bullbar to make an A bar,looks a lot better for it.
Struggling to upload pics for soome reason,will have another go tomorrow!

Yesterdays pics, ran around it quickly with the mop too!
WP_20130126_004.jpgWP_20130126_005.jpgWP_20130126_006.jpgWP_20130126_008.jpgWP_20130126_009.jpgWP_20130126_010.jpgWP_20130126_011.jpgWP_20130126_012.jpgWP_20130126_014.jpgWP_20130126_015.jpgWP_20130126_016.jpgWP_20130126_017.jpgWP_20130126_019.jpgWP_20130126_020.jpgWP_20130126_021.jpg

Today I removed rear end of transfer box and wipped the viscous coupling out-

WP_20130126_001.jpgWP_20130126_002.jpgWP_20130126_003.jpg

Last edited:
Also had a look at the rear locker today,Magnets had come off inside the motor,stuck them back on and put it back together but it still doesnt work. There doesnt seem to be any power getting back there.There is a power and earth on the 'locked' switch. Ive done a search and found something about making sure the magnets are in the right order? TBH I didnt pay alot of attention,is there a special way to tell them apart??:doh:

The VC's can still be got brand new but not cheap so second hand is your best bet.

Back