Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My head hurts already

I'd pi55 myself if it was, and you're complaining down the road that you only get 23mpg :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nick.

Tommo&Claire said:
Hmmm suspiciously quiet!

Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe I should have asked .....how good do you find your D4D powered land Cruiser?

Love it. I don't get anything like whatever it is everyone quotes. I budget 375 miles to a tank so that's about 13.? Litres per 100km which I'm ok with.

Bigger mud tyres
Wheel spacers
Body lift
Suspension lift
Roof rack
Roof tent
Load

None of that is great for consumption but I wouldn't give it up :)

And no EMC issues (with hand on big piece of wood)

Sheesh Gary, you and Crispin must drive like old farts. I struggle to get 300 miles out of a tank..... around 23mpg, and my 120 is bog standard... Ok it is a auto so maybe that makes a difference. :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I couldn't get 300 miles from a tank even if I drove like an old fart and I'm not about to try :mrgreen:

Mines an auto - 5spd. But I won't thrash it - well, very seldom :)

I think if I go to 285/70x17 tyres my consumption will get fairly swak!!

Jon Wildsmith said:
I couldn't get 300 miles from a tank even if I drove like an old fart and I'm not about to try :mrgreen:

Ah yes but then yours is a bit of an old beast and a petrol at that.

Gary Stockton said:
Mines an auto - 5spd. But I won't thrash it - well, very seldom :)

I think if I go to 285/70x17 tyres my consumption will get fairly swak!!

Mine is a 5spd too, but I struggle to keep it below 85 in the motorway

don't get me wrong, not complaining at all, just wonder how folk achieve the 30mpg and better

Yep. Only one tank. Aus and SA have a sub-tank where the underworld spare goes of an extra 93litres. B@stards!!

Hahaha yep sorry. See, if I could edit it I would!

Oh - I can ...

Never mind - s/be 'underslung' spare!

Maximus said:
Am I right in saying that the 120 series has an 87L tank?
Yes, but can easy get 85 liters in at Asda, so I guess there is more than 2 liters left in when I FILL UP :thumbup:

Graham

Or the pump is over-reading and ASDA are stealing your cash :)

Gary Stockton said:
Or the pump is over-reading and ASDA are stealing your cash :)
Are forecourt pumps subject to random checks :?:

I am sure the pumps are reading correct.
They are tested and calibrated regular.
I have even seen then doing it.
I think I shouldn't be filling right up to the neck of the tank maybe?

Any way, whatever I put in, it just don't last long enough.

Graham

Sorry I have not read all the posts but if you are looking for a Colorado Somerset County cars have just taken delivery of an 01/02 one in blue. I have had a quick look round it and is solid. I have not tested the diff lock but it appears to be intact. It is so new that they have not yet put it on there web sight, I think that they have it at £8950 at the moment but may be what you are looking for. It was there today as I was there having my timming belt done on my 95.

Yes I am more than capable of doing the 'T' belt, but if it lets go I have some come back if they do it. ;)

Steve

My Discovery (cough) is on ebay. Don't think I'll be buying a Cruiser from a dealer, but thank you for the heads up.

I went look at a Colorado '1998' (yes change my mind again - want the older engine) yesterday advertised with 104,000 miles on the clock with FSH .

Took 2 hours drive to get there, and the milage on the clock was 134,000 and he couldn't find the service book......Grrrrrrrrr

Back