Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My name is Ian. Our 100 series Landcruiser is called Big Foot. We have had it since 2000.

Porjimba

Country Flag
australia
Big Foot has lived a sheltered life here in Mildura. We have only done 80,000 kilometres in 18 years. It is the base model 5 speed manual diesel. As anyone knows, they don't perform that well and early on we fitted a Denco turbocharger that gives a 9 pound boost. I made a storage unit for an Engel fridge and we use it for trips away and towing a 16 foot Coromal caravan. The latest drama is the airconditioner. It had a clutch bearing failure which damaged the nose of the compressor requiring a new compressor. But upon recharging the system, there is a blockage somewhere which may have been an underlying problem before the clutch failure. My mechanic has suggested replacing the TX valve. I will give an update when I get the system working. I found a very good youtube video from the USA of a diagnosis of what looks like my problem. Here is the link.
. Looking forward to exploring this club site and contributing where I can.

Hi Ian and Welcome. Nice intro there. I like that you’ve called your truck BigFoot.

Sorry to hear about your AC woes. It could very well be moisture in the system that is plugging up the TEV (TX Valve). There hopefully should be no need to replace this part.
When you changed your compressor was the system left open to the air for any time before the new compressor was fitted? Did it have a new drier fitted? Was it connected to a vacuum pump before filling and if so for how long? Was the system filled with nitrogen before a second vacuum? Was the correct weight and type of refrigerant used?

Lots of questions there Ian but if you can provide the answers I will have a look for you.

Good to have you aboard. Let’s have some pics of big foot.

Best wishes
Rich

Welcome aboard Ian & Bigfoot :thumbup:

Remember, photies are mandatory, especially if it’s an HZJ, not too many of them on this forum.

Welcome.

Fitted a turbo, on a 100? Is that a hzj105 then?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back