Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new Hilux.

You can get a shorter one for the single cab, but probably still too long.

Im pleased its fitted, I feel like im making the car mine.

I'd love one for the 60, but they don't do one and I don't know how easy it woould be to get one to fit.

Now I like that,do they do these for the 95 as it will solve my interior light problem as well.

Looking good, I find the lights are much better than factory and the cubby useful for putting stuff in like tablet and stuff, out of the way. I fed cb antenna to rear of cab above roof lining, then down and through the grommet behind rear seats. And attached mount to front of canopy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd love one of these, but have a sun roof which creates a problem.

Ditto there Chas, I'm always searching for available switch locations for accessories, it's a pain to keep them within proper reach and neat and tidy...

X3 Clive but i feel i'm to close to the windscreen in my 90 to enjoy having a roof console so vague plans have formed around the realization that with both gear levers in their most forward position the gater hides 4 or 5 inches of dead space in front of the levers . Just food for thought .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes Shayne, I'm about to fit 3 light bars to the truck, 2 forward facing, one under the front of the roof rack (under full protection) and the other on the winch bumper and then the 3rd as a reversing/work light.

Im considering compromising and having the 2 front bars wired together on one switch (can't imagine wanting one without the other) and the rear on its own switch with a big dash warning light (to be legal).

I think there's room in the auxiliary switch panel on the driver's left (it's a LHD) and I've considered the front face of the centre console, as you've suggested.

Decisions decisions!:think:

I would like to fit extra led lamps, but the rounded exterior of the hilux doesnt lend itself well to the inconspicuous look I want.

I'm thinking of getting lights that are inset and having them fitted to the plastic bumper, so effectively the lamp would be more or less flush with the bumper and the workings sitting behind it.

I'm thinking of making a bar that sits between the cab and hardtop, and having it on lockong swivels, so when I dont need the vhf/cb I can swivel it so the aerials are flat on the canopy roof, being put into the upright position when needed.

I only have about 6" of headroom above the roofline to get into the garage after allowing for a 2" lift. Fortunately the toyota roof aerial is a stubby one that can be laid flat.

Andy - how did you go from above rear rooflining to the bung in the rear of the cab without it being visible? Altho maybe thats not such an issue for you?

Pete

I think I routed the wire down behind the trim in rear left side

I see the new 'Lux has been launched in Oz ... Looks great ...

uploadfromtaptalk1432320590317.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432320601199.jpguploadfromtaptalk1432320611183.jpg

These things are all getting to look the same, Hilux, Amerok, Ranger, Navara, L200, Dmax etc etc but I guess it's what's under the skin that counts.

Its bigger than the current model, similar size to the Ranger. I guess this is to unify the various markets.

Had a little bit of a result.

One of my mates has bought a 2nd hand hardtop for his new hilux, I picked it up for him today - its a stopgap until his new truckman arrives, after which hes giving it to me 4 free :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Its deep titanium as well !

Im thinking of an expedition rack and mount for the batwing I bought. Mounting it over the cab may be interesting.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I think you might owe him a pint or 10 ! looks good and in the pic a colour match :think: can't be surely your trucks a chameleon ?

Good colour match , The only downsides I see are no side access into it, so a bugger to reach stuff at the front of the tub, I am always opening the side doors on my canopy to get stuff from there. And slope at back reduces volume a bit. But it's free :)

I have ordered a top that has side windows, but this was too good to turn down.

It takes about 2 mins to swap - I have in mind fitting a sliding floor kit and modding this top for overland use ie make some spreader plates and support bars to mount an expedition rack, then swapping for journeys. I would also consider fitting leds that are set into the fibreglass, maybe start my own hobby of Canopy Customising :)

Just got back from Cumbria - truck carried 3 of us plus our mountain kit, 800 miles, very comfortable, and averaged 31mpg.

Nice one. Do any lanes ? 31mpg, very good, mine has never seen that, best was 29mpg before I started bolting bits on it. It averaged 25-26 on. Recent trip round Scotland when fully loaded won't gear.

Back