Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new Hilux.

No lanes as such, but we used a friendly farmers fields for closer access to the mountain - no photos tho', sorry!

Its been avaeraging 31.4 but has dropped to 31 since I fitted the hardtop, altho its also the first time Ive pushed it up to 70, being the granny driver that I am.......

Really need to buy some more bits, but funds a bit low at the moment.

Fitted the tablet ram mount in today. It needs a longer arm so I can get it to angle correctly and also move out of the airbag trajectory!

Still need to fit cb, maybe this weekend.

Am keen on the new BFG AT KO2's, they look more aggressive than the KOs which suits as I would prefer to avoid MT's. Cost is same, just need right size.

19d3ef34cb246df4a565d05b828cf0c7.jpg

Need to find a way of dealing with all these cables as well, satnav, tablet , phone, dvd, speeddetector, like spaghetti.

The overhead console could do with a couple of usb points, phone could live up there then.

The Carryboy G3 hardtop arrived today, so have fitted it, not wired in yet though.

e1a73950dbdc75792733d1cc597fbde1.jpg
13530dd49069f4c6aae20ab19584b2ed.jpg

I went for this one as it has redundant light fittings - I intend to have strobes fitted into them in the fullness of time :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Had the electrics done by Hickleys in Bridgwater.

I ask for a new fuseboard from the battery, for ancillaries, but what I got was inline fuseholders, will revisit this if I add further ancillaries.

My plan to turn the cab lights into strobes didnt work out - they are red brakes, not amber indicators, and I dont want red strobes, but the good news is that they arent redundant as Formula told me, so now Ive got loads of brake lights at the rear.

Its a great top, worth the wait.

Theres a lad on the hpoc forum whi has designed an external skeleton for the rear, which looks really good and would solve all my roofload issues, will be emailing him.

Ive also changed the 21w reversing bulb to an 80w equivalent led bulb, cost £17 but what a real difference, can now see behind at night :)

Installed the cb....its gone on the transmission tunnel as Im saving the roof console for a 2m/70cm vhf radio.

Routing cable was easy, but the roof is ridged, neither of my mag based were a good fit, so am ordering a 145mm magmount and short springer from 4x4cb.

Repositioned satnag so cable can be hidden away, much neater.

Want to fit the roadangel to the dash, am thinking of a cable up inside of dash and out of the window vents, again for neatness.

All little jobs, but it def feels like its becoming mine.

Interested in the reversing bulb, as standard light is poor. Where did you get it ? Any details ?

Your Build making good progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really weird to see a bakkie (pickup) with an auto box! No reason not to have one I guess - just not what I'm used to ...

Andy

Its this loooong linkie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151767447...op=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_nkw=151767447872&_rdc=1

Apparently its drawing 80w, rather than 21w, so I now try and reverse 4 times faster so as not to overstress the wiring ;)

Gary - basically I'm a $hit driver, so need the autobox to hide my ridiculously poor gearchanges.....

Have ordered a decent mag base and 2 short springers, oone matt black, one yellow for when im feeling extravagent.

Those should be excellent lamps being Osram. The ad is a bit misleading though, they do not draw 80w of power as their constant current would be 6.66 A not the 750mA they state. My LED headlights are 35w and 3500 lumens, these are stated as 1200. Both these readings seem to suggest more like a 10w lamp than an 80. Perhaps they mean the equivalent of 80w halogen?

Suffice to say you won't overload wiring and they will be good and bright.

Last edited:
Yes, thats what I reckon they mean - its bright but no way is it 80w of leds.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks for link, I will have to get one. Save me fitting a floodlight on the back and all the wiring malarky, got enough lights inside the canopy as it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link Pete, ordered a bulb for my Collie. The OEM reverse lights are pants on the UK Colorados.

The pickup's coming along nicely, very nice! :icon-cool:

Thanks.

Its a bit low key, cant touch suspension until its 12 months old, then Im changing to the new bfg at ko2's, 265/70r17s.

Have fitted the new mini springer and magmount, much happier with it than the 2metre tall one - take an eye out on cornering :)

Have the vhf radio to go in, then a front lightbar and a couple of big led lamps.

I need to find a way of sealing the hole in the floor that the cab wiring/cb aerial runs through.

Originally it had a sponge grommet, but that is no use now.

At the moment if I waded then i will get water under the passenger seat.

Am planning some extra lights, so purchased an x-bar from Zim Chris.

Its a very light (!) bar, to fit it you remove the number plate, offer the x-bar up and then replace number plate over top.

It will allow me to fit led driving lamps and also a small fibreglass pole so I know where the front of the truck is (at the moment I use the rear of the car in front ;)

4c0e62e988ac7210816d22dc05dd8aae.jpg
28ac87ccba5041b2e6534b13a8179525.jpg

Im also going to change the number plate for a single line type - car park cameras wont be able to read it then :)

Car park cameras read my single line one OK.

Back