Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new Hilux.

Most vehicles have single line number plates ?

My Hilux came with front and rear parking sensors, I didn't want them but it was last one in the colour I wanted and it had the sensors already fitted. Otherwise it was a 2 month wait.
Just refitted rear sensors to my ARB rear bumper, but they are a bit low to ground so often bleep when nothing behind vehicle. I might get some from a corolla or Yaris, which have sensors closer to ground than Hilux ones.

The front sensors go mental when off-road and going through the rivers in Iceland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the hope is the number will be hidden under the light shelf from high mounted cameras . Won't stop the lying cheating scoundrels that walk around issuing tickets I got one a few months ago in 2/3 empty Maplin carpark i was chomping at the bit so got home and emailed the given address to say i will not be paying this under any circumstances and i would be happy to tell a judge why i wont be paying it . I have never heard from them again .

Mine had front sensors and because rain sets them off i added a switch in the speaker/bleeper wire to turn them off , at some point while removing the bumper for something or other i realized i hadn't turned them back on for so long i didn't need them so cut the wires .

The xbar overhangs by a few inches, means you cant read the top line unless face-on ;)

Latest gizmo arrived today :)

3f5408d073b3620d13f9b3a19c09b3f4.jpg

17" so fits xbar nicely.

£35 inc p&p !!!!

From this guy:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/hidea/m.h..._DefaultDomain_3&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Took a few days to arrive. It looks pukka, solid and well put together, havent wired it in yet though......

It makes you wonder how other companies can compete, Ive seen similar for £150+, this doesnt feel as cheap as it was.

*Tip* - dont use buy it now - make a bid at least £5 less, my buddy got a 24" for £34 !

Will try for photo tomorrow.

Pete

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
00d3fffd6214a263c018ec3cb19233f9.jpg
bb922db80e8b352034b0da9f35811ffd.jpg

Its low key, which is what I want.

The xbar is fine, but there is zero metal to attach it to! Front of the truck seems to be entirely plastic for impact safety I guess? The xbar doesnt interfere with the airbags apparently.

Excellent car! In our country this pickup gains the increasing popularity every year. Especially the car is good for those who lives in rural areas or often goes on a giving.

Sorry to go off on a tangent but is the 5 speed autobox in the Hilux the same as in the 120? (which I believe is also the one in the later 100s).

The 120 would also drop a gear on hill descents when you touched the brakes.
To back out of the lower gear, a gentle touch on the go pedal brought it back to where you where.

Tried to buy a 2nd set of the alloys on fleabay to fit the at's onto, but they sold for £600!!

Yes, my Hilux drops gears for me when I brake going down a hill, a nice upgrade compared to my old Colorado

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Day 2 of trying to wire the new spotlight in :(

A 3 hour delay halfway through today when my car keys disappeared - found I had accidentally cable tied them to the inside of the dashboard.......

Hopefully finished tomorrow!

And the Hi Lux owner said 'let there be light…'

Lookin' good [emoji4]

Even brighter now ive peeled off the plastic screen protector !

Even brighter now ive peeled off the plastic screen protector !
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hang on, I better go see if there's one on mine. :oops:

I've just checked and there isn't.

Last edited:
Top picture is an actual photo, its pretty dark here :)

Andy

Its this loooong linkie

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151767447...op=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_nkw=151767447872&_rdc=1

Apparently its drawing 80w, rather than 21w, so I now try and reverse 4 times faster so as not to overstress the wiring ;)

Gary - basically I'm a $hit driver, so need the autobox to hide my ridiculously poor gearchanges.....

Have ordered a decent mag base and 2 short springers, oone matt black, one yellow for when im feeling extravagent.

As an update - the bulb stopped working last week........ I emailed the seller though and he sent me a new one out. He reckons its the first one he's had go wrong. Disappointing, but good service, and he is in the UK !

Back