Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My new Hilux.

Hi all,

Been a while since I've added anything - can't make any mods until the truck has had its first service, which is in a few weeks.

In anticipation, I've ordered a Pedders 1.75" (40mm) lift kit - the kit comes with rear leafs (yes, cart springs!!) which have a negative camber on the lower 2 holding springs, this should allow a slight improvement in articulation, they are also standard rating, not heavy duty, so |I should see an on-road improvement as well.

I'm hoping that it will be a nice easy swap over, the old LJ78 took me 2 days.....

Tyres......I want BFG ATKO2's - the new pattern - in 265/70R17 (standard size is 265/65R17, the lift is needed as they are quite a bit wider dspite both being 265's). I've been checking prices though, and they are expensive - about £150 each, but I think they are worth it - my annual mileage is about 8000 so they will last me forever if reviews are anything to go by.

I have goodies, nice bright shiny goodies :)

30e8660d01f4cf3e0bc13e4ed246d5da.jpg
70d2a86f70d6ab0bf8a84e877c2ef676.jpg

Ordering bfg's next week :) :)

Nice stuff, and no hassle with Spring compressors either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Remember these? They are called 'cart springs', and they are from the Olden Days.......

453ed6a799814732aa0f35505edc11f1.jpg

These particular ones allow slightly more articulation than the standard spring.

Leaf springs are proper work horse equipment. .. it's only softies that complain about the harder ride!!!:lol:

Nice new kit you have there Wobbly:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had hoped to be posting some photos of the 'after' suspension work, but its been a bit more of a faff than anticipated, so will be tommorrow now.

results looking good so far - front has gone from 850mm to 910mm (ground to top of arch), rear from 890mm to 910mm but thats only one spring done, so a bit more to come.

the engine plate had 200mm clearance, hoping for 250mm in total.

The next stage will be getting the bfg's fitted, another 10mm lift hopefully.

photos to follow :)

Picked it up today.

After a bit of use, its settled down nicely.

front is up from 850 to 890mm

rear is up from 890 to 920mm

ground clearance is up from 200 to 260mm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The lift itself is the lightest of touchs, but the handling is loads better.

The oem setup was not much fun to drive, soft at the front and oversprung at the back, roundabouts were interesting if you went in a bit quick!

Now, roadholding is much better, ride is firmer but suspension is more compliant, speedhumps are a lot smoother.

So far so good.

Next, tyres :)

I do like them.

The front is starting to look like the 200 and a bit like the 150.

A nice improvement, when are the new tyres going on,
any other plans ?

the lift does look a bit lower than my OME suspension on my hilux, but I understand you didn't want a big lift

So today was mostly spent at the garage fitting the new tyres.

Took a while, but now all balanced and tracked.

Been out for a run tonight, feels great, so much better than the factory supplied truck.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back