• No, it now a motor caravan

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Too boy racer pretentious nonsense

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Screen shot 2014-11-08 at 05.57.03.jpg
page5-1007-full.jpg

Hi Olazz, what a beast.. I'm only a tiny bit jealous. Mind you I wouldn't like to feed the animal.

Your profile picture is interesting too, do you have connections with Zimbabwe?

Tim

That's the mushroom compost colour that I fancy

How many other decals/ graphics are you going to have on the truck, what are they going to be and what colour will they be? This must surly influence the decision. Personally i'd go with light colours as Chris says to keep it cool. My 105 is white and is noticeably cooler on a sunny day than darker coloured vehicles.

put me down for white, or the sandy coloured MAN in Flints post above

Your profile picture is interesting too, do you have connections with Zimbabwe?
Tim

Howzit Tim,

Yep born and grew up in Salisbury (Avondale). Went to Saints, then varsity and other stuff in SA. Now in UK.

Lazz

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Some great ideas guys thanks... all except the Orange !!
I have seen dozens of overland trucks and so very many have Orange of some sort in or on them.

I should have added that to the "what I don't want" list.

That MAN with the world map is a little too close to camo, from afar.

When we were in Northern Tanzania in May this year, we had to collect something from Kibondo airstrip, (15km from the Burundi border), we were stopped by armed "geurillas" who decided my gold and black cruiser was an army colour and we were "detained" for 2 hours. Much discussion and argument/negotiation later I managed to talk our way out of it, minus 2 packets of Sytvesant smokes, €25, $15 and a pair of sunglasses and trainers.

I'll stay away from anything faintly resembling camo.

I have seen dozens of overland trucks and so very many have Orange of some sort in or on them.

When we were in Northern Tanzania in May this year, we had to collect something from Kibondo airstrip, (15km from the Burundi border), we were stopped by armed "geurillas" who decided my gold and black cruiser was an army colour and we were "detained" for 2 hours. Much discussion and argument/negotiation later I managed to talk our way out of it, minus 2 packets of Sytvesant smokes, €25, $15 and a pair of sunglasses and trainers.

Some blue would be perfect then.

Howzit Tim,

Yep born and grew up in Salisbury (Avondale). Went to Saints, then varsity and other stuff in SA. Now in UK.

Lazz
I thought there might be a connection.. I heading the other way. Half the year in Stanstead Abbotts (Herts) and the rest of the year if Harare. Off back to the sunny side I about 3 weeks. Looking forward to it.

Aye, but to be fair, the bent barstards would probably find some other reason to mug you - colour, its a diesel, you're foreign, you have a sat nat, the wrong paperwork... something in there will be illegal and needs "smoothing over"

or a complete mirror wrap- that way it will always 'reflect' its surroundings...

I really must stop sitting up late drinking alcohol and posting on forums.

I have always liked a white base with blue / red / yellow stripes. Almost like the Dakar tatra livery. But not quite the French flag.

If it wasn't for the heat problem, I'd be going with a charcoal/black look. Mean as hell... but that won't work for you. How about a very pale/light grey? Not white, or silver, but not camo either..

Heat/cold won't be an issue with the truck, as the living box will be made from 60mm foam sandwich grp, with no thermal bridges. Cool in the heat, warm in the cold.

Have now started the first stage planing for the Victron 24v electrical system which will include provision for heating, hot water and aircon.

This is a much more complex and involved build than I at first thought!!!

Last edited:
My vote is for black in that case... it would be seriously cool...

....pun intended!

Back