Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My next job...woohoo!

Tommo&Claire

Garage
I recently received word that my next job when i return from Iraq/Afghan is to take over as XO (second in command) of HMS Tyne, a River Class offshore Patrol Ship.

Here she is, sleek grey messenger of death that she is...

CShmstynep2810407.jpg

river_3.jpg

The way the watch system works is that for two weeks in every six, the Captain is off on watch leave and i'm left in command,

It's not a cruiser, but it's big and powerful and made of metal so i thought you guys may appreciate!

Attachments

• CShmstynep2810407.jpg
    CShmstynep2810407.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 34
  • river_3.jpg
    river_3.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 61
Do you do ride alongs. I reallllllllllly want a go on that.

What am I saying you're in charge after all.

Thats means that russia is on then. :dance:

Somewhat OT but what are you going to sail in Iraq or Afghanistan? I think you may find that only the sand is left from those oceans.... :lol:

In all seriousness, good luck for the tour though :thumbup:

Does it have missiles? I'll PM you an address to programme the co-ordinates for. :lol:

oooo nice one. You must be please... now rememeber to avoid those sand banks :twisted:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can we bag that for a weekend so that we can go and shoot up some Somali pirates, I could bring my .357 winchester if that helps. :lol: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :violence-ak47: :violence-guntoting: :violence-pistoldouble: :violence-ripper: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-rambo: :violence-sniperprone: :violence-snipersmiley:

Don't worry Tommo, there's bound to be someone on board that knows what they're doing! There's no way that they'll just leave you in charge on your own. Just say as little as possible, nod generally, and say things like 'make is so' and no one will ever suss.

Well done by the way.

I feel safer already.

Chris

Nice :cool: Very nice :mrgreen: Congratulations :thumbup: Will you have a helicopter to play with as well :?: :mrgreen:

It reminds me of the time when I helped a good freind of mine take his Sealine F43 to Southhampton via Ramsgate to be shipped to America as he emigrated there :sick: We had to make the first part of the passage from Shotley to Ramsgate (& Brighton, thirsty bugger his boat :roll: :lol: ) @ night due to time constraints & by the time we made Ramsgate we had become very apt @ reading the radar & looked like a pair of wide eyed owls :) We had made 20 plus knots for most of the trip across & I was shattered & ready for a beer in the local :drool: But even before I finished mooring us up alongside the pontoon a black RHIB made alongside us & the four chaps on it boarded us giving us a good hours grilling checking all kinds of detail & paperwork (Customs) :) Not a couple of moments after we were boarded by the chaps on the RHIB a honking great big cutter came in alongside the quay next to us (Tyne reminds me of it) they had been tracking us for a good part of our journey & considered us of worthy note due to our speed & the fact that it was night time :oops: :) Now I had been glued to the Radar for most of the trip & I dont recall seeing a bloody great big boat tracking us :oops: :roll: :lol: Clever chaps :clap:

Nice one Tommo :mrgreen: You lucky bugger :) I do miss getting out in my m8's Sealine for a bit of offshore fishing :( Do you get a chance for a bit of fishing from off of the back of Tyne when things a slow :?: :)

Thanks fellas, I don't take over till May(ish) next year as i've got to go out to Iraq first, then i have a s*itload of courses to do to convert me from destroyers to Patrol Vessels!

After initial excitement the weight of responsibility is beginning to dawn on me a bit now! :pray: :pray: :pray:

You'll be able to follow us on Sea Patrol UK as the River class feature quite heavily on there! In fact the guy i'm relieving, Pete Barfoot features in this vid at 2.55!

[youtube:17vjd0n0]SbsZwxkPrM4[/youtube:17vjd0n0]

Getting people on board is really not that complicated so if anyone does really want a look around drop me a pm and we'll arrange something.

Congratulations!

BTW - it was good to meet up over at Greg's the other day.

Very cool. :sick: [<-- Green with envy, not sick ;)]

4x Mk44 Minigun

those are most excellent babies!
:violence-rapidfire:

Now then son-in-law,,,,if I don't get a ride on that thing you can stand by,,,,comprende???????

Can I play in the engine rooms please????????

Oh, and a play on the gun things would be pretty cool too :lol:

Ecky Thump said:
Now then son-in-law,,,,if I don't get a ride on that thing you can stand by,,,,comprende???????

Can I play in the engine rooms please????????

Oh, and a play on the gun things would be pretty cool too :lol:

Have i ever let you down before.......!

Great news - well done. Assume that makes you a Commander now, if you werent already?

Good luck, keep the shiny side up :thumbup: :clap: :clap:

Back