Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

My old truck is now a emergency services response vehicle...

sae70

Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
uk
Ben kindly sent me a link back to a site that I used to be a very active member in (Shropshire Suzuki, with over 3000 posts), there's not a lot that me & Ben don't know about Vitaras between us :D

It turns out that the truck I sold (Snowy) to buy Fiery has been sold on by the chap that I sold it to & is now being used as an offroad response vehicle for the emergency services near Beachy Head in East Sussex :o :D

Link to the thread on Shropshire Suzuki http://www.shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/foru ... d374bb2eb7

believed to be owned by steve ,then pete,snowy is now fully rebuilt and working for a living as a display vehicle and an offroad response vehicle for the emergency services near beachy head,east sussex.its been in our workshops for a refit including new suspension,steering,bearings,brakes,belts etc aswell as being fitted out with its emergency equipment of sirens,lightbars,warning lights and emergency services livery.the inside has been completely gutted and painted...carpets,headlining scraped and bmw sports seats fitted aswell as all the rescue gismos of gps,marine/air/emergency services radio,internet,map lights,fire extinguishers,air pumps,trolley jacks,battery packs,ropes,shakles,first aid equipment etc...

Thanks steve....yes its funny that theres a connection with the responce side of things....ill try to tell you what i know...

.its still got all the bits you and pete put on,all the problems pete had have been fixed,steering arms,brakes,bearings, crankshaft oil leaks,air pump,bodyshell,body lift problems,clutch cable,air induction unblocked,timing belt,propshafts,etc....it was in the workshops for 2 weeks ,but i didnt get involved in it much so cant tell you much more......as far as modifications,its had.....sump and diff gaurds,rear a frame mods,new 3" coil springs that are the same poundage as the factory originals so good articulation,1.5" spring top spacers,rear shocks,new manual front locking hubs,modified spare wheel carrier,headling replaced with felt so as to curve round the wiring on the roof etc,carpets removed and shell sealed and painted inside and out,500w 9 speaker audio system and other bits i cant remember....

emergency equipment fitted...i,ll try remember

battenburg warning decals
48" latest digital control led lightbar (blue,red,white,amber)
front blue led grille lights
front amber led grille lights
front blue dash led light
front amber led dash light
side amber led lights
rear amber led lights
rear led spotlights
front led spotlights
side led work/spot lights
rear work light
extra internal lights
map lights
variable volume siren (wail ,yelp,hyper yelp,hilo etc)
variable volume public address system
outside broadcast of radio transceiver or any audio source
100-1000mhz am/fm air/marine/emergency services transcceivers
amateur radio transceiver
full internet on dash screen
wi fi receive
mobile wi fi transmitter..(converts 3g to wi-fi so all vehicles/personel within 100 metres can connect )...(special 3g transmitter tower located at beachy head)
air/marine/road gps
google earth gps
ais marine ship locator on screen
virtual aircraft radar on screen
gps antenna
marine/air/emergency services/amateur/antenna
wi-fi antenna
ropes,shakles,pulleys,climbing gear,first aid,fire extinguishers,collapsible road cones,battery boosters,spare bulbs,fuses etc,tools,spades,trolley jack,electric 1/2" socket gun and other crap..

i think they are fitting a winch and snorkel soon...let you know...

snowy has just been put on standby by the police from tommorow due to the hurricane coming in...

hope this is of interset steve

Here's some photos of her when I bought her :)
P6110067.jpg

P6110063.jpg

P6100031.jpg

Here's what she looked like when I sold her :)
1.jpg

P5160042.jpg

10.jpg

And this is how she's looking now :D :D :D :clap:
0e0d2dd1.jpg

e5d229b6.jpg

ea562f59.jpg

5738e43d.jpg

It brings a tear to my eye knowing I had a hand in her life :crying-yellow:

And
snowy has just been put on standby by the police from tommorow due to the hurricane coming in...
It makes me very proud :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the link again Ben, nice one m8 :thumbup: :D

Re: My old truck is now a emergency services response vehicl

Great story Steve :cool:

your welcome Steven. :thumbup:

it was a great truck you built, and weve both had a lot of fun in vits, but i think after having a cruiser i couldnt go back to a vit. :twisted:

Heh, great story Steven. I too used to own a vit, with a selection of Dave Jones' finest fitted

5224980379_large.jpg

Bit hairdresser-ish and not a patch on the old SJ though (or the LC for that matter!). I think it's been scrapped now :?

Back