Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Need a new Air Con pump for my 4.7 V8 shall i import from Aus ?

Country Flag
uk
THeres loads for sale on ebay, but are all in Aus and Shipping is about £100

The seals are gone on my pump with refrigerant leaking from the front ( theres Dye) all over the place.

Any advice on a new or reconditioned pump would be much appreciated.

BRian

I had my compressor (80 series 1HDFT) rebuilt with a kit from Toyota last year. It lasted about a month and started to leak again, complete waste of money. Considering buying new from Australia.

I would consider ordering an original unit direct from Japan (Amagama) IIRC there price is around £360+vat but I am not sure if this is a competitive price?
They usally take about a week from order to arrival, I have save quite a bit of money on genuine Toyota parts that are non urgent.

I have had a good price of about £300 for a recon unit, which I send mine to be recognized , but I will not be able to use the LC for about 10 days

Is that the place in Chertsey? they had a replacement which I took....

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think I have one off a diesel. Can't remember if they are the same though. £120 with you post Brian.

Check this item

THeres loads for sale on ebay, but are all in Aus and Shipping is about £100

The seals are gone on my pump with refrigerant leaking from the front ( theres Dye) all over the place.

Any advice on a new or reconditioned pump would be much appreciated.

BRian

Check this Ebay item number its cheaper with 90 days warranty. Item Number: 111563173

If done properly, it is easy to repair at home with the kit from Toyota. Many rebuilds are only fit to be used as anchors, although they nearly always come with nice paint. The cost of the internals far exceeds the cost new, so as a result they tend to just get repaired badly and are poorly tested, if at all. It's a crap shoot, but you may get one that only had bad seals originally. Some are just bought in from scrappys and repainted. Even the warranty is usually rendered worthless by the small print, saying that the system should be flushed, and a new drier and expansion valve fitted (which rarely is).

I had my compressor (80 series 1HDFT) rebuilt with a kit from Toyota last year. It lasted about a month and started to leak again, complete waste of money. Considering buying new from Australia.

can find it for you will cost you 270GBP with delivery, will be Japanese one with 90 days warranty

Attachments

• 31-3.jpg
    31-3.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 96
Last edited:
ACR LTD have priced on £170 - £250 + vat for a repair / rebuild.
The shipping costs from Australia outweigh the savings on the cost of a new pump.

I do employ 2 refrigeration engineers, so I may look into a kit.

Brian

Brian, the unit I bought from ACR ran for 3 years until I sold the 120, may still be running now, I just made sure the instruction on installation were followed....

Back