Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New batteries

adrianr

Decided i should change the batteries in my 80. they are about 9 years old and charge is down as the mornings getting colder.

think better safe than sorry.

checked all places - motor factors, costco and the like.

spent ten mins with my local toyota parts fellas who i have a good relationship with, after some discussions and a bit of haggling i got a pair of new batteries down from £130 + VAT to £90 inc the vat. result.

:dance: That's pretty good that! Nice one

Wow! That is seriously good. Hang on, I am just going to e-mail you my wish list and £100. See what you can do for me mate.

Chris

Mmmm. We'll erm I picked them up today. The ones I took off were 80a. And blooming heavy. The ones Toyota delivered that we're correct for my truck according to their computer are less wide, a bit deeper and 65ah? Me bad for not asking for heavy duty ones I think, but do I really need them? Don't feel quiet as clever on the haggle now.:oops:

We double checked and part numbers are right. Thankfully I've got no extra elektrickery on the truck but gosh fellas, my batteries look a little Lost in trays now. Certainly spins the starter faster. I suppose the new Slimline batteries are a good match for the rather twee horn the truck has as well.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
can you return them? Seems a bit strange Toyota are supplying lower capacity batteries than the 80 came from the factory with and other suppliers list for them?

EDIT: mine are 90ah, Unipart 6BA334 & 6BA335 but they were £141.77 inc for the pair. Can't remember if they are still lifetime warrenty or just 3 years now.

Last edited:
Decided i should change the batteries in my 80. they are about 9 years old and charge is down as the mornings getting colder.

think better safe than sorry.

checked all places - motor factors, costco and the like.

spent ten mins with my local toyota parts fellas who i have a good relationship with, after some discussions and a bit of haggling i got a pair of new batteries down from £130 + VAT to £90 inc the vat. result.
Hi Adrian,

I am guessing these are not the originals out the factory as Jon mentioned in post #7 ?

Gra.

Right then. Toyota getting back into batteries and having a big push. There electronic parts catalogue lists wrong part numbers for the 80 so I suppose in a way me getting the wrong parts was a plus for them so they can revisit there parts system and double check the part numbers. So now we have reordered correct batteries, and they are more pricey!! 80 amp coming in at £146 for the pair.

So much for all that excitement the other day!

:icon-cry: no goodwill for messing you about?

I wish. List price was £90 plus on each one so it's still a saving.

I expect I could get you some Unipart ones to Lincomb if you could last that long but the Toyota ones should be a decent brand if they're the right ones this time.

That's a kind offer thank you Jon. I've just ordered the Toyota ones in any case.

Parts lad owes me a favour at some stage.

Are the 2004 100 4.2 batteries the same as the 1995 80 4.2. Just been quoted £64 each plus VAT. Not that I need them just yet.Seller has 2002 Colorado with original batteries.

Frank

Jon...when/where did you buy your batteries?
Partco....Unipart are listing the GBA3335 at £135.00 and the GBA3335 at £160.50 each!!!!:shock:
They are both 3 year warrantee

If you want to get a little bit of money back, old car batteries are currently weighing in at £7-£10 each round here! :icon-wink:

Those will be the RRP, I got them at cost via a friend in the trade although I've bought stuff direct at trade before so you probably only have to say you're trade to get trade prices ... Looking at the printed Unipart invoice instead of my mates hand written one they are UGCGBA3334 & UGCGBA3335. Trade price was £59.07 + VAT each, back in April though so they've probably gone up a bit more since then and that might have included some trade account discount. They seem like quality batteries, time will tell.

Jon...when/where did you buy your batteries?
Partco....Unipart are listing the GBA3335 at £135.00 and the GBA3335 at £160.50 each!!!!:shock:
They are both 3 year warrantee

Last edited:
Are the 2004 100 4.2 batteries the same as the 1995 80 4.2. Just been quoted £64 each plus VAT. Not that I need them just yet.Seller has 2002 Colorado with original batteries.
Don't know Frank, you could try asking Westlands for part numbers for both and see if they match?

Mine are Varta (blue) G8, rated 95ah with 830 start up (cranking) power. I've just checked the bill and they were (equivalent) 109 quid each with a 5yr guarantee.

I guess this may be ott but it'll keep me safe over the winters to come (I hope :pray:).

Back