Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New cars to have breathalysers and speed limiters by 2022 following new EU rule

That's really shocking. I thought the Everest was meant to be a basic 4x4?

So did I, especially because it's drive train is Ford Ranger which is Mazda B series.
Just reinforces my desire to drive a basic car with no driver aids, going to have to think long and hard about what to get if I need to replace any of my current cars.

Definatly need to have a much longer test drive these days to ensure that you can.live with all the crap they come with not just condition in this case.

Makes sence now to hire the car you want for the weekend then.

Is that the same test driver that crashed because he didn't realise the braking assist was off!:laughing-rolling:
Yeah all these "aids" are OK until you get in a vehicle that doesn't have any.
A bit like the softclose toilet seat...

20191125_081842.jpg

My lorry has anti crash and lane thingyymybob but has buttons to turn it off. Although the dash still lights up and beeps at you when youre turning left and right and it thinks you're gonna hit the stuff in front of you that you're turning away from??? Handily there is also an anti roll button as it's a crappy auto

View attachment 161589
My lorry has anti crash and lane thingyymybob but has buttons to turn it off. Although the dash still lights up and beeps at you when youre turning left and right and it thinks you're gonna hit the stuff in front of you that you're turning away from??? Handily there is also an anti roll button as it's a crappy auto
Does it have 'anti park on the foot path technolgy' :laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

From that article;

"The car can also move you back by turning the steering wheel. In either case, the driver can easily overcome the car’s intentions by turning the wheel. It doesn’t require superhuman efforts. If you read a story about a car that fought the driver for control of the wheel, it’s either urban legend and untrue. The driver was so startled he or she presumed the car’s steering was more powerful than it really was...."

None of this electro stuff will mean a thing after the earth has a EMP from the Sun.

The issue is, if you turn it off and have an accident will you be held liable regardless of the circumstance?

Back