Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New discs and pads.

wobbly

Garage
I have it in mind to put new discs on the 95, plus some new pads.

The existing have done 100,000m and appear to be about 50% worn.

Roughtrax and milners both sell discs, but have also seen EBC mentioned. Am also getting a price from Mr.T for original parts.

Was going to go for mintex pads.

Will be doing it at the same time as the cv joint - was going to get that from Roughtrax as I have seen some neg comments on the milners ones.

Cheers

Pete

wobbly said:
Roughtrax and milners both sell discs, but have also seen EBC mentioned. Am also getting a price from Mr.T for original parts.

A problem I found with Milner's disks was that the holes in the rear disks didn't line-up properly with the handbrake adjuster hole.

I had to move the hole over a bit so that I could adjust the handbrake :cool: .

DSCN5660.jpg

After that, all was well.

DSCN5664.jpg

The brakes have been fine with Milner's disks :thumbup: .

Bob.

Thanks for that.

Had a look on the EBC website, their discs are drilled, grooved, slotted etc so I guess they get the heat away quicker. Their pads are colour coded, for hardness I guess.

Pete

I managed to pick up front and rear Brembo discs with Mintex pads for 99p of the bay as the poor guy couldnt spell very well, he was gutted when i collected them, I was happy though :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

i had both front wheels off yesterday, and noticed that the un-branded, milners dics that i fitted a few months ago, which have done about a thousand miles, are both showing stress fractures. :shock: :evil:

on both discs it looks like theres hair line cracks. :roll:

i will have to change them, and i will be speaking to milners. usually milners are pretty good when it comes to returning parts that have turned out to be faulty, i shall wait and see. :|

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If they are 50% worn, why change them, I got them 150,000 off my set of original disc.

I eventually changed them to EBC grooved and slotted, with genuine toyota pads. I have used intex pads before but they give out a bit more brake dust than the toyota pads.

Only cos its not an expensive job, and we will be working around it when we do the cv joint.

I may well just stick new pads on though.

Pete

West coast offroad advised me to go for toyota pads, in their experience they outlast any others they've tried. I supplied the parts (discs, calipers, pads) and they did the work. All the bits apart from the pads came from brakes international.

Used a company called Autosave who supplied Blueprint discs and pads. Discs are the exact same as Toyota with same markings on disc, but without the Toyota logo on the box. Have had no trouble with discs or pads and have used Blueprint items before with no problems, usually a big saving on genuine items.

I've ordered a full set of Toyota pads from Roughtrax a spart of a bigger order inc cv joint kit.

Am going to check the discs whilst doing the work, just a bit confused by the mountain of options to actually make a decision!

Pete

Back